New job Procurement Specialist in Utah
Company : Carta
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Utah
The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Problems You’ll Solve
The Procurement Specialist will be reporting to Carta’s Head of Procurement and will be involved in the execution of tactical procurement tasks across the entire procure-to-pay process. The position will work closely with teams like Compliance, Security, and Legal to complete the procurement process. You will also be responsible for spend analysis and formulating category plans and renewal strategies. You will help identify and implement process improvements in our procurement processes.
The specific Procurement specialist job activities will be:
- Working collaboratively at senior levels to facilitate their procurement activities to ensure Carta gets favorable business and commercial terms.
- Lead cross-functional management to plan sourcing strategies and supplier management programs aligned with business objectives.
- Analyzing Carta’s current spend and supplier base and ensure our vendors are delivering value out of our current investments.
- Review Carta’s current procurement processes and provide recommendations for process improvement. Drive change management initiatives to improve processes.
- Design, track, generate & update reports and dashboards including but not limited to deal dashboard, Category analysis, and contract renewal calendar.
- Proactively manage upcoming procurement actions such as project timelines, contract renewals, notices, and negotiations.
- Work closely with Carta’s Strategic finance team on spending metrics and budgets to maximize cost-efficiency.
- Support Carta’s Sourcing Manager on RFP projects providing updates, meeting agenda, and meeting minutes/action items.
- Administer Coupa, our procure-to-pay system.
- Assist in training employees on procurement systems and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3+ years of experience in indirect procurement, strategic sourcing, and vendor management.
- Ability to analyze data and effectively communicate interpretations and recommendations.
- Ability to develop, cultivate, and maintain complex working internal stakeholder/customer relationships.
- Experience and understanding of the procure-to-pay processes
- Quantitative modeling skills using Excel or other data tools. Looker or Domo.
- Comprehensive knowledge of contract negotiation and sourcing methodologies.
- A strategic thinker focused on improving efficiencies, scale, and minimizing company risk.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Degree with a major in one of the following: Operations, Supply Chain Management, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering.
- Experience in the technology industry
- Experience in software, hardware, cloud services, financial systems, and marketing sourcing.
- Experience within a procurement function at a financial technology, broker-dealer, bank, or other financial services firm.
- Experience managing a third party or vendor risk management program.
- Experience administering Coupa
- Experience administering/managing Zylo (SaaS management tool)
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.