New job Probation and Parole Officer (Institutional Parole Office) BCC in Missouri
Probation and Parole Officer (Institutional Parole Office) BCC
Company : State of Missouri
Salary : $38,753 a year
Location : Missouri
Probation and Parole Officer (PPO I-II) - Department of Corrections
Why you’ll love this position:
A position in the Missouri Department of Corrections is more than a job. It's a calling. Corrections employees transform lives, equipping Missourians in the criminal justice system with the skills they need to contribute to their communities, inside and outside our walls. More than 95 percent of people who enter the prison system ultimately are released. We want to make sure they’re good neighbors.
We offer great benefits!
Missouri State Employee Retirement System / Deferred compensation plan / Health insurance (medical, vision, dental for employees and family) / Paid life insurance / Long-term disability insurance / Cafeteria plan / Paid holidays / 10 hours annual leave per month / 10 hours sick leave per month / Uniforms provided when required / Pre-service and in-service training / Access to credit union / Direct deposit of paycheck (required) / Employee health, wellness and safety initiatives / MOST 529 College Savings Program
What you’ll do:
Investigates offender's home/work/social environments for circuit courts/Board of Probation and Parole; collects/verifies/evaluates data; incorporates into reports and records; assesses needs/risk levels to determine appropriate supervision strategies to ensure effective offender management/public safety; and submits reports thereof to designated legal authorities
- Contacts offenders in their homes, places of employment or confinement and counsels them regarding personal/adjustment problems; attends court to receive court assignments/make reports
- Assists in vocational/educational/social adjustment planning for assigned offenders; cooperates with public /private agencies and law enforcement agencies; investigates offender violations; takes appropriate action including issuance of a warrants
- Prepares statistical reports of activities; administers/observes breathalyzer/urinalysis testing; assists in special investigations/research projects/other activities; serves on committees/task forces within the Department and community; performs other related work as assigned; as employee becomes more experienced/demonstrates proficiency, levels of supervision become more general
- Possession of a valid vehicle operator’s license
- Successful completion of safety training including defensive tactics and the ability to re-qualify annually.
All you need for success:
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred; OR four years or more of vocational or higher level experience is required in social services, probation and parole, corrections casework or custody, guidance and counseling, education, psychology, sociology, mental health, substance abuse, law enforcement, public or business administration, or a closely related area; AND possession of a valid vehicle operator’s license. A combination of education and the listed experience may be substituted on a year for year basis.
All requested documents MUST be received by the closing date listed.
The Missouri Department of Corrections is proud to have a tradition of promotion from within for employees looking for and seeking distinctive career paths. As you work for the department, we invite you to consider your goals and make choices to actively head toward them. We seek to recognize employees who serve with distinction.
If you have questions about this position please contact: DOC.Employment@doc.mo.gov
The State of Missouri is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.