New job Private Client Advisor Manager in Connecticut
Private Client Advisor Manager
Company : Marsh and McLennan
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Connecticut
What can you expect?
- Monitors overall client satisfaction and ensures appropriate level of service delivery. Oversees the Client Advisory process and monitors adherence to procedures and guidelines.
- Develops service strategies to ensure clients’ needs and expectations are met.
- Participates in Client Advisory review process and meetings for select clients. Ensures there is National Client Executive involvement with largest/most complex clients and Zone/National Leadership engagement with our most important clients.
- Assists in resolving complex client or underwriting issues.
- Working closely with SRC & BDE assigns clients to appropriate Client Advisors based on set standards, client complexity, and skills and experience of individual colleagues.
- Develops and supports adoption of practices to improve quality and consistency in the client experience.
- Develops and maintains relationships with sales team, clients, carriers, and MMC partners
Identify, develop and nurture new and existing COI relationships
- Drives a client-focused sales and servicing environment.
- Sets referral, new business and cross-selling, client contact goals for Client Advisors and monitors achievement of these goals.
- Overseas Client Advisor business plan development. Guides and supports client advisors with business plan implementation and adjustments (as necessary)
Manages accurate monthly team forecasting
- Articulates a clear purpose/vision for the team that motivates colleagues and guides their actions/decision making
- Directly manages the Client Advisors and Insurance Assistant within the office.
- Responsible for hiring/training/onboarding of new hires.
- Support a continuous learning culture for all direct reports and seek on-going training opportunities for direct reports.
- Sets goals for staff and provides on going high quality feedback and coaching
- Conduct performance reviews and participate in compensation evaluation and discussion.
- Ensures that all professional standards and guidelines are being met
- Builds talent pool/bench strength by identifying high performing colleagues and working collaboratively with each colleague to craft a tailored Professional Development plan
- Actively manages underperformers
- Shares relevant information with the staff to ensure goal achievement and uses Applied reports to monitor progress towards goals. Measure progress against goal utilizing reports available in Applied.
- Direct involvement in day to day matters through observance and maintaining visibility and accessibility for staff.
Directs and manages client assignments
- Ensures proactive consultation to clients on a regular basis.
- Effectively manages weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting requirements.
- Ensures all billing is managed on a timely basis.
- Ensures that all workflow, process and procedures are followed.
- Ensures that all regulatory requirements are met and complies with all internal policies and procedures, e.g. transparency training. Works with Zone Client Services Manager and PCS Compliance team as necessary.
What is in it for you?
- A company with a strong brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with HR from the business.
- Employee Resource Groups, which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Competitive pay (salary and performance bonus potential), Full benefits package – starting day one (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k match AND contribution).
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement plan per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
What you need to have:
- 5+ Years experience managing individuals and team goals
- 3-5+ years personal insurance background required with some client facing experience, some exposure to high-net worth clients and carriers preferred
- Able to independently quote most coverages for existing clients and have familiarity with excess & surplus placements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cultivating opportunities from within their client’s centers of influence
What makes you stand out?
- Bachelor’s degree required
- P&C License required
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent technical and computer skills (MS Office etc)
- Maintains confidentiality and professionalism
- Adheres to policies, practices & procedures
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.