New job PMO Project Manager II (ETS) in Idaho
PMO Project Manager II (ETS)
Company : State of Idaho
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Idaho
IDAHO TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT
Our Mission: Your Safety, Your Mobility, Your Economic Opportunity
Are you interested in working for an award-winning, dynamic, professional state agency? This opening may be your opportunity to use your knowledge and skills to promote the mission of Idaho Transportation Department (ITD).
The Enterprise Technology Services Project Management Office at ITD is seeking a highly motivated and experienced professional for a Project Manager II position. The qualified candidate for this position will be responsible for leading teams to deliver multiple complex concurrent statewide technology projects that span across one or more business units, with budgets ranging from $250K to multi-millions.
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources, and chairs project management team meetings;
- Create and manage project schedules, scope, budget, risks, release documentation, implementation plans, and organization change management;
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues;
- Deliver appropriate and effective executive and senior leadership level communication;
- Ensure adherence to Idaho State policies and PMO procedures;
- Contribute to process improvement as it relates to improving project delivery;
- Participate in establishing PMO practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities;
- Participate in securing and procuring adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes;
- Manage the preparations of requirements, vendor solicitation documents, and reviews and scoring for vendor responses;
- Demonstrate functional acumen to ensure solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices and ITD technology standards;
- Manage project quality control and participate in issue resolution;
- Mentor and provide guidance and oversight to other project managers;
- Contribute to project management knowledge sharing and training across ITD;
- Participate in cost and effort assessments for future and planned projects;
- Set and continually manage project expectations while delegating and managing deliverables with team members and stakeholders;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships by engaging project stakeholders to establish credibility, solve problems, and build consensus to achieve objectives.
- Planning and implementing projects including coordinating the development of project scope, goals, work plans, timelines, implementation strategies, and measurement processes/methods for assessing progress toward goals and project outcomes
- Interpreting and explaining specialized or complex material into information usable by the public
- Developing and monitoring contracts
- 10+ years’ experience managing multiple complex technology projects concurrently, using waterfall, Agile, and SDLC frameworks.
- PMI certification.
- Technically competent with various software programs including but not limited to; MS Project, Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Experience managing large technical and non-technical teams consisting of internal, contract, and vendor resources.
- Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques.
- Excellent leadership, communication (verbal, written and presentation), and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork and innovation.
- Self-motivated, decisive, with ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Experience managing and tracking large project budgets.
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability.
To learn more about the department, please visit the ITD website. Make a difference in your community and in the lives of the citizens of Idaho!
Working for the state offers the ability to balance work and life commitments, including a flexible work schedule, PERSI retirement, medical/dental insurance, 8 weeks of paid paternal leave, a wellness program and state-facilitated training.
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources at (208) 334-2263.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations
To view all Idaho state government jobs:
Trouble Applying Call:
Applicant Support Toll-free number: 1-855-524-5627
Monday through Friday
6:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time
ITD recruiter email: Careers@itd.idaho.gov
Visit us online!
Learn about a career with ITD: https://itd.idaho.gov/careers/