New job PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE in New Hampshire
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Company : Elliot Health System
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Hampshire
Company: Elliot Health System Req#: 311550 Date Posted: 3/29/2021 12:00:00 AM Address: 40 Buttrick Road Londonderry, NH 03053 Shift: Days 40 hours per week, 8:00am-5:00pm Category: Clerical & Administrative Support Department: Primary Care at Londonderry
- POSITION SUMMARYActs as a representative in all areas of clerical support. Assumes responsibility for all facets of front desk operations, including greeting and registering patients, answering phones, scheduling appointments, entering patient charges and demographics. Retrieving and updating medical records, collecting fees and performing general clerical and othe duties as assigned in accordance with JCAHO, NCQA, and government standards, as well as policies and procedures of PPS under the direct supervision of the Office Manager/Practice Manager.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets and registers patients; notifies medical staff of their arrival.
- Verifies current address and insurance status.
- Scans and inputs patient demographic information, insurance data and all other information.
- Interacts with patients regarding complaints for effective and immediate response and resolution. Refers to Office Manager/Practice Manager as appropriate.
- Receives incoming telephone calls. Takes message and appropriately routes them.
- Uses appropriate company procedures, referring doctors and correct protocols for writing referrals. Schedules referral appointments with specialists, hospital testing and lab work.
- Completes prior authorization of testing according to insurance requirments.
- Checks out patient from the office. Collects payments and schedules follow up appointments or specialty appointments as appropriate. If office requires post charges to the patients account using appropriate diagnostic and CPT coding to ensure correct charging and posting to patient accounts.
- Daily closes reports and day end balancing.
- Maintains providers schedules, optimizing effective scheduling of appointments. Confirms appointments for daily schedule.
- Interacts and communicates professionally with co-workers, management and patients.
- Ensures confidentiality of employee, legal, client, budget and all other company matters.
- Assists in developing and implementing systems to support effective and accurate registration of patients. Makes recommendations to increase efficiency of patient care or administrative functioning of area.
- REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong organization skills
- Computer skills.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience: Previous experience in a health care setting performing similar functions preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: N/A
- Software/Hardware: Proficient in MS Office.
- OTHER REQUIREMENTSSchedule: Generally Monday through Friday, days. Occasional requirements to cover special events.Other:
Source : Indded