New job Park Ranger in Washington
Company : Snohomish County
Salary : $4,208 - $5,117 a month
Location : Washington
Performs routine park enforcement of park rules and regulations, intense public contact through unaccompanied foot, bicycle, and/or vehicle patrol of parks to assure security and protection of public property, public safety and the natural environment. Coordinate and supervise seasonal laborers and volunteers and provide routine maintenance of grounds facilities.
- Receive Application
- Applications will be reviewed in stages on 4/26; 5/10 and 5/24 for applications submitted during those intervals
- Minimum Qualification Screening/Scoring of Supplemental Questionnaire
- Practical Skills Exam
- Second Interview may be held at Management's Discretion
Extensive pre-employment examination/screening to include but not limited to:
- Complete background investigation.
- Polygraph Examination
- Psychological Examination
- Drug Screening
- Physical agility examination
- Medical examination
- Reference Check/Credential Verification
- Job Offer Made to Selected Candidate
- Performs law enforcement duties such as issuing citations for park violations, investigations of illegal dumping on park properties, checking on reports of timber theft and patrolling assigned park areas for public safety and compliance of day-use parking and camping fees. Also follows up on failure to pay notices and issues citations as warranted by code.
- Cleans, sanitizes restrooms, replenishes towels, toilet tissue, soap and other supplies; empties waste baskets; collects and disposes of garbage and litter; cleans picnic shelters; clears trails and sweeps, rakes and picks up trash from grounds; cleans fire rings and fireplaces.
- Mows, edges, trims, irrigates and fertilizes lawns; weeds planting beds; irrigates and fertilizes and maintains a variety of flowers, plants, shrubs and trees.
- Inspects park grounds, play equipment, ball fields and facilities; corrects or reports unsafe or unsanitary conditions.
- Makes minor repairs to picnic tables, benches, garbage receptacles, play structures and other structures.
- Operates trucks, tractors, power mowers, chain saws, weedeaters, and other small power equipment; may provide minor equipment repair.
- Answers questions and provides information on the county park system to park users; opens and closes park gates.
- Renders First Aid, CPR, or other emergency assistance as necessary.
- Maintains required records and prepares routine reports.
- Installs and maintains signs.
- May serve as lead worker and supervises the work of others.
- May prepare and present nature interpretation and environmental education programs or other informational programs.
- May paint various structures and equipment; may participate in the repair and construction of park facilities and grounds improvements such as trails, picnic areas, day use areas, swimming areas, playgrounds and campgrounds.
- May collect campground, reservation, day use and other fees.
- Performs related duties as required.
Must successfully complete the Skagit Valley Community College Park Law Enforcement Academy: or approved equivalent prior to commissioning.
- park rules, regulations and procedures
- First Aid and CPR practices and procedures
- routine construction and maintenance practices, procedures and techniques
- law enforcement
- state and county laws
- basic knowledge of horticulture
- basic safety practices to prevent on-the-job injuries
- effectively enforce park rules and regulations
- identify park hazards and deficiencies and take appropriate corrective action
- deal with the general public in a tactful and courteous manner
- maintain complete and accurate records of daily activities and prepare required reports
- understand and follow oral and written instructions
- work independently on assigned tasks
- think and act quickly in emergency situations
- write clear and accurate reports
Snohomish County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Accommodations for individuals with disabilities are provided upon request.
EEO policy and ADA notice