New job Operator 1 - Scrap - Trinity in Alabama
Operator 1 - Scrap - Trinity
Company : Kinder Morgan
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alabama
Kinder Morgan is one of the largest energy infrastructure companies in North America and we are hiring. Our Trinity Terminal located at 4301 Iverson Blvd, Trinity, Alabama 35673, near Decatur, Madison and Huntsville areas is one of Kinder Morgan’s network of 147 terminals where our Employees store and handle products for our customers. Kinder Morgan offers a robust benefits package that begins on your first day including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, two retirement plans, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Operators are responsible for the safe, efficient and quality-conscious processing of scrap steel. Assure the work being performed consistently meets or exceeds the expectations of the supervisor as well as published policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in material transfer and storage
- Upkeep of assigned equipment or tools
- Identify, report, and correct safety and environmental concerns
- Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork
- Perform all work in compliance with company standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements
- Attend daily/weekly safety meetings
- Administer general preventative maintenance activities, repairs, and housekeeping tasks
- Perform other terminal functions as needed
Operators come to Kinder Morgan from a variety of backgrounds, work experience Military Occupational Specialties (MOS) and Career Management Fields (CMF). Many of our employees are Veterans who have transitioned from Active Duty or currently serve in the Reserves. So whether you have been serving our Country in the military, working for another company in the private sector or you just finished high school, we encourage you to consider continuing or beginning your career as an Operator with Kinder Morgan.
Kinder Morgan is committed to being a good corporate citizen and conducting ourselves in an ethical and responsible manner. We spend hundreds of millions of dollars each year on integrity management and maintenance programs to operate our assets safely and to protect the public, our employees, contractors and the environment. Operationally, we continue to perform better than our industry peers relative to environmental, health and safety measures.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
Competencies, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to accept supervision/direction and work effectively and cooperatively with other people.
- Must possess safety training and security certification as required by customers to work in their facilities and as required by all Kinder Morgan locations.
- Ability to deal with evolving operating conditions with few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to focus attention and follow work rules.
- Demonstrate aptitude to execute and maintain necessary records.
- Successful completion of background check and post-offer and random drug screens.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee must meet physical requirements including but not limited to, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing up/down ladders and stairs, negotiating uneven and moving surfaces, and frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Employee must be able to work at heights up to 30 feet. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed and required.
- Must be available to respond to call-out as assigned.
- Perform work in dusty environment and all types of temperature/weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration.
- The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the environment is usually loud.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned. The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.