New job OPERATIONS ASSISTANT in Rhode Island
Company : State of Rhode Island
Salary : $44,047 - $49,274 a year
Location : Rhode Island
Providing general maintenance services within all Attorney General facilities. Including but not limited to lawn care, snow removal, property cleanliness, maintaining safe accessibility for employees as well as visitors.
- Knowledgeable of various construction trades ie: Carpentry, electrical, painting, plumbing etc.
- Assisting with the oversight and management of vendors performing work for the RIAG and working closely with various state agency representative and vendors,
- Overseeing various projects from specifications to close out /completion.
- Assisting fellow employees with moving or lifting heavy objects if directed. Assisting in the oversight and management of the daily janitorial vendors.
- Assisting with the management of the switchboard and daily mail operations and providing back up when needed.
- Assisting with office vehicle maintenance.
- Becoming knowledgeable of the rules and processes of the RI Division of Purchases – MPA /contract board /MBE requirements etc. knowledgeable of creating specifications and performing project mini bids based on RI Division of Purchases guidelines
- Interacting with various state agency representative and vendors
- Assist in other related duties as assigned by the Unit Director.
Education/Experience/Special Requirements: Applicant must possess superior organizational skills, as well as the capacity to function at a high level in a demanding environment. Additionally, applicants must exhibit the ability to work in a supportive and professional manner with others. The individual must have a High school diploma or GED, 4 + years relevant experience in maintenance, extensive knowledge in a variety of mechanical systems, experience managing multiple vendors, effectively and efficiently handle both administrative and mechanical responsibilities, Strong computer skills and be able to lift at least 50 lbs. Applicant must be able to climb ladders and be comfortable around construction tools and equipment.