New job Operations Assembly Floor Internship – Summer 2021 in Connecticut
Operations Assembly Floor Internship – Summer 2021
Company : Pratt & Whitney
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Connecticut
Businesses Pratt & Whitney
Job ID 01422055
Date posted 04/12/2021
Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building, and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country, or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Pratt & Whitney Internship Program
Interns at Pratt & Whitney work on challenging, meaningful, and impactful projects across our business. We’re looking for students with an engineer’s curiosity, an explorer’s heart, and a perfectionist’s grit to help us build the future of aerospace.
Whether supporting Mature Commercial Engines, industry-leading Geared Turbofan engines, Military Engine programs, Operations, or Business Support functions, our program seeks to help you: develop an understanding of the aerospace industry; learn about our company and its operations; and appreciate how each discipline and department’s contribution to the success of our products and customer partnerships.
While you benefit from on-the-job training and practical experience, you are expected to contribute fresh ideas and participate as a productive member of the department. Your growth as a professional and the difference you make will be on display every day.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Seeking an Operations Intern!
We are looking for an intern to support assembly floor operations for our military and commercial product lines. Typical tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Identify & implement shop floor process improvements that increase output and reduce overall costs
- Assist in creating and maintaining shop floor work instructions (including specifications, engineering changes, process control, and tooling definition/requirements)
- Participate in lean manufacturing initiatives that support continuous process improvement
- Participate in special projects that could involve cost reduction, special processes, and supplier support activities. The intern will be given a specific process improvement task to take ownership of, and progress to completion throughout their internship.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- Must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program at the time of the assignment. Preferred majors include Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or a related field.
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be a U.S. Citizen due to government contract requirements
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a consistent record of collaboration, innovation, and initiative
- A passion for learning about and pursuing a career in aviation and aerospace
- Creative problem-solving skills and adaptability in responding to new business challenges
- Eager to learn new things, contribute a fresh perspective, and share your knowledge with others
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms