New job Office Specialist in Oregon
Company : Department of Human Services
Salary : $2,638 - $3,855 a month
Location : Oregon
Initial Posting Date:04/02/2021
Agency:Department of Human Services
Salary Range:$2,638 - $3,855
Position Title:Office Specialist 2 - Office Support
We want you to join our team!
Do you want the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of children in need of support? Do you want to be part of a diverse workforce that collaborates and learns from each other to improve services that support children, families and communities? Then, we want to hear from you!
"To help Oregonians in their own communities achieve well-being and independence through opportunities that protect, empower, respect choice and preserve dignity."
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
For more information on Child Welfare programs please
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
This position is assigned to the support unit of the Child Welfare agency. The support unit provides critical support to the casework and management units across all disciplines as requested or required. The Office Specialist 2 positions ensures the timely production of all payments, policy/procedural requirements, forms and letters are in accordance with DHS/CAF policy and procedures. The support unit processes all paperwork and payments which guarantees documentation of responsible services to clients and consumers within the District. This position performs a wide variety of secretarial, general office and record processing activities to ensure timely and accurate support service to the District, staff and clients. The support unit work also guarantees compliance with State and Federal laws to ensure maximum funding for all District programs. This support position actively seeks to achieve the DHS goals of integrity, stewardship, responsibility, respect and professionalism. This position actively seeks to provide culturally appropriate services where individuals are treated respectfully, compassionately and effectively in a manner that recognizes, affirms and values the worth of children, individuals, families and communities, protecting and preserving the dignity of each. This includes: culture, language, national, origin, class, race, age, ethnic background, disability, state of development, religion, gender, sexual orientation and other differences/diversity factors.
Working for DHS Child Welfare can be stressful with many unexpected deadlines, rush court order, working with multiple manuals, policy, computer screens, file forms, other agencies and community partners. Regular attendance and teamwork are a necessary part of this position. May have contact with angry, hostile parents and family members around the children we serve.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
When you join the Department of Human Services, you join a community of nearly 10,000 employees dedicated to Oregon’s most vulnerable population. Career growth and development is encouraged through ample training and committee participation opportunities. The State of Oregon offers excellent benefits, including low-cost, high-coverage health insurance , generous time-off, and a competitive retirement plan .
THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO QUALIFY
To be considered for an interview, you must submit all required documents and your application material must reflect that you meet the requirements.
- Two (2) years clerical experience of which one (1) year or more included typing/keyboarding, word processing or other experience generating documents; OR
- Associate or higher-level degree ; OR
- Graduated from a private school of business with a certificate in Office Occupations or Office Technology and have one (1) year or more of general clerical experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Skill in performing a variety of clerical functions.
- Skill in communicating orally and in writing with a variety of people, answering questions and gathering and exchanging information.
- Skill in organizing work efficiently and exercising independent judgment in making appropriate decisions concerning work methods.
- Skill in applying specific, well defined rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to work performed.
REQUESTED SKILLS/DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
The most qualified candidates will possess the following attributes, skills, and areas of experience as they relate to the position:
- Experience handling incoming calls, scheduling, and other communications.
- Experience maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Experience creating, maintaining, and data entry into databases.
Successful candidates for this position must pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) fingerprint-based background check and maintain CJIS eligibility. Due to CJIS requirements related to system access, the following convictions are likely to result in being disqualified for this position: Felony Convictions, Computer theft, identify theft and fraud. CJIS Clearance is done at the conditional job offer.
HOW TO APPLY
- External Applicants : Click on the “Apply” button and submit your application. Make certain your profile or resume reflects the most updated experience and education to receive full consideration. View this video for help.
- Internal Applicants (this includes Current State of Oregon employees): Apply via your employee Workday account. Make certain your profile or resume reflects the most updated experience and education to receive full consideration. View this job aid for help.
- Veterans: If you are claiming Veterans Preference points, please ensure to complete the tasks in Workday during the application process and upload your documents (DD214 / Disability) if wanting to receive Veterans preference. For questions about documentation, please visit: Veterans Resources or call the Oregon department of Veterans’ Affairs at: 1-800-692-9666.
Your candidate profile, cover letter, and resume are the perfect opportunity to highlight your interest in the position and showcase the amazing skills and experience, making you the best candidate for the position. The work experience and/or education section of your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet all the minimum and special qualifications listed above. We do not accept a resume in place of the completed application. For additional tips, please visit the Oregon Job Opportunities page, Resources for Job Seekers .
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. Applicants who require VISA sponsorship will not be considered at this time.
This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU). Note: this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
For questions about the job duties or application process, please contact
Jean.FAUTH@dhsoha.state.or.us . Please be sure to include the job requisition number.
If you need an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to participate in the application or selection process, please contact our office at DHS.RECRUITMENT@dhsoha.state.or.us
Have questions about Workday, and want some tips on understanding the state application process? Check out this link: https://www.oregon.gov/jobs/Pages/support.aspx
DHS commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community