New job Nutritionist 4 in Tennessee
Company : Metropolitan Government of Nashville & Davidson County
Salary : $59,676 a year
Location : Tennessee
Metro Nashville Public Health Department is seeking a dynamic and experienced Nutritionist to fill a vacant Nutritionist 4 position in the Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC), a program that serves over 18,000 individuals within Davidson County. This position manages and supervises a large, culturally diverse clinic that delivers services to multicultural clients. The position manages the nutrition-related fiscal, personnel, and physical resources for the WIC program as well as the grants within the assigned clinic. The ideal candidate will be a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with considerable experience leading a large staff, advanced knowledge of Public Health, and an understanding of government operations. Applicants must have a passion for helping children and families.
If you have any questions about this position please contact MPHD HR at (615)-340-5640.
- Oversees the operations of the WIC clinic.
- Supervises WIC clinic staff.
- Works collaboratively with lactation staff.
- Ensures staff has current and accurate nutrition knowledge to perform nutrition counseling.
- Ensure continuous quality program improvement.
- Performs nutrition counseling in order to achieve improved lifestyle choices for program participants.
- Implements State WIC policies and procedures.
- Prepares reports to meet programmatic requirements.
- Educates participants on breastfeeding techniques.
- Refers participants to public and private agencies as needed.
- Assesses patients’ nutrition status; analyzes medical information including anthropometric data and hemoglobin/hematocrit level to identify lab value fluctuations.
- Coordinates administrative functions of clinic programs and nutrition services.
- Interprets federal nutrition guidelines and policies to determine relevance to programs.
- Serves as a preceptor to approved internships and residency programs.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in human nutrition, dietetics, or any public or community health field dealing with applied human nutrition; master’s degree preferred. Active registration as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration and three (3) years’ experience of full-time professional nutrition work, two (2) years of which must involve supervisory or program management experience.
MPHD seeks to be a socially and culturally responsive organization that acknowledges and addresses historical and current inequities in our public health promotion and practice. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to work with multicultural communities.
Candidates with accreditations earned in a foreign institute are encouraged to apply, however at the present time MPHD is not sponsoring individuals through any of the US Government’s employment-based immigration programs.
Valid class “D” driver’s license, use of personal vehicle, and maintenance of valid personal vehicle insurance as required by Tennessee Law.