New job Nights DCA Warehouse Associate Full-Time up to $20.00/hr in Illinois
Nights DCA Warehouse Associate Full-Time up to $20.00/hr
Company : Grainger
Salary : Up to $20 an hour
Location : Illinois
We hear it a lot... from customers, suppliers, non-profit organizations, team members, even strangers: Grainger's a great company. We like to think that's because WE TREAT PEOPLE WELL—with respect inside and outside the company. At the heart of it, we are a relationship business. We know that only by acting with integrity, working as a team and doing more than what's expected, we will be an even better company tomorrow.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance on your first day - Day 1!
- W.W. Grainger 401(k) Retirement Plan!
- Parental Leave; Paid Time off; Employee discounts, holiday and overtime pay; Employee Stock Purchase Program, Employee recognition events and many more!
Shift Start Time:
7:00PM-5:30AM Sunday-Wednesday or Monday-Thursday
8:00PM-6:30AM Sunday-Wednesday or Monday-Thursday
Hourly Pay Rate:
2nd shift: $18.00/hr plus shift differntial
2nd shift: $18.00/hr plus $1.00 pie differential and shift differential
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Performs tasks associated with the receipt, storage, and shipment of product while meeting productivity, quality, safety, behavioral and attendance expectations. Effectively and efficiently uses established procedures, tools, equipment, and technologies to complete transactions related to inbound and outbound processes with a distribution center
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safely perform assigned warehouse functions utilizing established processes, procedures and tools while meeting performance expectations for productivity, quality, safety and attendance.
- Functions may include, but are not limited to unloading, put-away, sorting, labeling, picking, packing, replenishing, auditing, shipping, making boxes, etc.
- Complies with Grainger policies, guidelines and procedures as well as state and federal regulations, OSHA and Hazardous Material requirements in the storage, handling and movement of product.
- Performs necessary housekeeping duties in order to maintain a clean, safe, organized work environment.
- Actively participates in process improvements by utilizing Grainger’s quality system.
Essential Functions and Requirements:
- Must be able to tolerate an environment with exposure to heat, cold, noise, dust and work around moving equipment.
- Able to meet productivity, quality, safety, and attendance requirements, including overtime as required.
- Able to continuously lift, slide and lower packages up to 50 pounds and may frequently weigh up to 75 pounds
- May be required to operate powered industrial equipment to pick and/or putaway items in our racks, which can be approximately 34 feet tall, and at times in narrow aisles.
- Must be able to work at various elevated stations throughout the DC.
- Able to operate computerized scanning equipment.
- Able to work in a team environment.
Education & Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. High school seniors permitted.
Work Environment: This position reports directly to a Distribution Center Supervisor and/or Process Manager, and has regular interaction with other associates.
Impact: The efficiency and effectiveness of this position directly impacts customer satisfaction and profitability. Position must operate in compliance with OSHA and Hazardous Materials guidelines.
Differential: Operates select power industrial equipment (PIE) in a bulk aisle for 50% or more of their shift in a Distribution Center or 75% or more of their shift in a Market Distribution Center.