New job Materials Management Tech in Delaware
Materials Management Tech
Company : Nemours
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delaware
As one of the nation's leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children - even those who may never enter our doors - through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
From our park-like campus and free parking, to private patient rooms and kid-approved play areas, our Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del., is like no other in the region. We're considered one of the safest children's hospitals in the country, with some of the best doctors, nurses and pediatric specialty care available. We also have Delaware's only pediatric Level 1 Trauma Center.
Receives, inspects, warehouses, stores, transports / delivers, issues, safeguards, accounts for, and replenishes medical material supplies and equipment at required locations in a timely fashion. Processes receipts for incoming supplies, ensures quality and quantity of materials match supporting documentation, and notes discrepancies. Performs required computer operations functions and operates material- handling equipment. Applies special handling procedures for storing hazardous material, utilizes personal protection equipment as required, performs inventories and quality assurance inspections. Prepares and processes documents and transactions required, monitors requests, implements materials activities for inventory control, accounting, and management of supplies and equipment.
Work Schedule: Rotating Shifts including Days/Nights
Responsible for the timely distribution/replenishment of all medical supplies and equipment . Ensures all clinical equipment with an electrical component is delivered to Clinical Engineering for testing/inspection prior to delivery.
- Performs rounding of all patient care areas / nodes to identify required materials management support.
- Inspects all materials for possible damage, defect, or expiration and immediately reports / communicates findings and ensures discrepancies are annotated for record.
- Identifies, processes, and tags all Capital items received in accordance with the Foundation Capital Policy.
- Maintains appropriate communication with Managers/Associates as needed to facilitate the flow of items.
- Responsible for regular communication with department managers to ensure that we have the most current associate listings.
- Implements materials activities for supply/equipment inventory distribution and control; Ensures necessary corrective actions and documentation is taken.
- Performs, organizes, and monitors medical materials management functions.
- Prepares and validates computer input data to establish, revise, and maintain accountable records.
- All other duties as applies.
High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of three (3) to six (6) months experience required.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
***EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: Please be advised if you apply to this position, you will be asked to take an assessment as part of the application process. This could add an additional 20 to 45 minutes, based upon the assessment that corresponds with this position. Please allow yourself enough time to complete the test, as you will not be able to save your application and come back to complete it at a later time. Do not use your mobile phone to apply to this position; our assessment is not compatible with mobile devices at this time ***