New job Marine Project Manager in Wisconsin
Marine Project Manager
Company : Dover Precision Components
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Wisconsin
Dover Precision Components delivers performance-critical solutions for rotating and reciprocating machinery across the oil & gas, power generation, marine, industrial, chemical and general processing markets. Comprising the Waukesha Bearings, Bearings Plus, Inpro/Seal and Cook Compression brands, our portfolio includes hydrodynamic bearings, active magnetic bearings, system and bearing protection, and reciprocating compressor valves, sealing technologies, pistons, rods and more. Each solution is custom-engineered to provide optimum efficiency, reliability and productivity, and backed by comprehensive aftermarket services. Dover Precision Components serves its global customer base through facilities in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, as well as technical sales representatives around the world. Dover Precision Components is part of Dover Corporation’s Fluids segment.
Dover Precision Components is hiring for its brand of Waukesha Bearings. Our facility is climate controlled, ISO certified, and we provide competitive benefits. Included in our benefits are shift premiums, Company provided uniforms, sign-on bonuses for select positions, and a tuition reimbursement program.
The Marine Project Manager position directs a wide variety of programs in support of multiple new, multi-year engineering and manufacturing government programs as well as ongoing legacy manufacturing programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Safety – Eliminate hazards through sound engineering practices.
- Manages Non-Destructive Testing requirements for Marine Programs in conjunction with the Antigo site leadership and DPC Director of Quality.
- Perform quality functions for the Marine operations including but not limited to; the creation and storage of all quality documentation packages, performing source inspections, material review reports, corrective actions in MRR’s & CAR’s and RMAs.
- Assists with procedure and deviation submittals to customers.
- Performs all subcontract receiving inspection to ensure proper documentation and tracking.
- Tracks all subcontract and material orders as well as sample testing.
- Perform planning activities for the Marine operations including but not limited to; entering purchase requisitions, cutting jobs, issuing materials, cycle count investigation and closing jobs.
- Investigate and troubleshoot process complications as they occur and take necessary corrective actions.
- Recommend continuous improvement ideas to include maintaining costs while improving throughput. Improve quality of existing operational layout to create a productive working environment for all employees. Work closely with team members and other resources as a method of determining what changes are needed.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Project and standard MS Office software
- Current, transferable security clearance or ability to obtain one is required.
- Experience with FAR and DFARS
- Must be a US Citizen
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business-related discipline; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in performing on government contracts is a plus.
- Military/defense background preferred. Direct Navy, or Navy programs experience would be considered advantageous.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write presentations and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs. etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Up to 10% domestic travel may be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Wisconsin : Antigo
Sub Division : US Magnetic Bearings – E0732
Job Requisition ID : 36898