New job MACHINIST in Delaware
Company : US Department of the Air Force
Salary : $30.77 - $37.18 an hour
Location : Delaware
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a MACHINIST, Position Description Number D1493000 and is part of the DE 166 Maintenance Squadron, National Guard.
(1) Plans and lays out work to be accomplished in the shop which is then completed by the technician and lower graded machinist(s). Determines approaches, methods, and courses of action required to accomplish the mission of the shop in an effective and efficient manner. Independently determines appropriate maintenance procedures. Estimates time, equipment, and material requirements. Devises and maintains plans and records. May provide recommendations and input to supervisor concerning personnel actions such as performance appraisals, awards, position description changes, disciplinary actions, and leave.
(2) Performs the full range of shop work.
(3) Implements safety regulatory requirements. Ensures that other workers in the shop wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
(4) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization, and command support exercises. May be required to perform additional duties such as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operation, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or serve as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Must obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance within 12 months of appointment.
- If selected you must be able to be placed into the position within 6 months of date of selection. Failure to meet this requirement may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
Military Grades: E-6 (TSgt) - E-7 (MSgt)
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Do you have experience or training that has provided the candidate with a basic knowledge of machining processes. Must have the ability to use drill presses, shapers, planers and other types of associated machine tools.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Do you have 30 months of experience or training performing the full range of machining operations on most types of conventional or CNC machine tools and their various attachments. Experience or training in planning and lay out work from blueprints, worksheets and other drawings that may have missing or incorrect information. Skill in applying shop mathematics in establishing needed dimensions, such as those required for chasing threads or machining angular surfaces; locating and marking surfaces and angles to be machined. Skill in programming machining operations, setting up and operating CNC machine tools. Knowledge of and ability to apply advanced shop mathematics such as geometric and trigonometric formulas to make computation for laying out work, machining pieces at unusual or compound angles, determining gear ratios pitch, angles and other similar exact or precision dimension.
There is no substitution of education for this occupational series.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Trust determination process
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
2. Other supporting documents: Resume and DNG 51-R are required documents
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
Federal employees - Excepted service
Current excepted service federal employees.
National Guard & Reserves
Current members, those who want to join, or transitioning military members.
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
AREA 1 = Permanent & Indefinite On-Board Title 32 Employees AREA 2 = Delaware National Guard On-Board Title 5 Employees with Military Membership in the Delaware National Guard AREA 3 = Current Temporary Title 32 Employees, Traditional Military Members (M-Day & DSG), & AGR Members AREA 4 = All others eligible for military membership in the Delaware National Guard