New job LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE-PT in DONIPHAN, NE in Nebraska
LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE-PT in DONIPHAN, NE
Company : Dollar General
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nebraska
Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to perform IBM cash register functions.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices.
- Effective interpersonal and oral & written communication skills.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise presentation guidance.
- High school diploma or equivalent and six months of supervisory experience (or related experience/training) preferred.
- Frequent walking and standing
- Frequent bending, stooping, and kneeling to run check out station, stock merchandise and unload trucks; which may also require the ability to push and/or pull rolltainers for stocking merchandise
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as handheld scanners, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers, two-wheel dollies, U-boats (six-wheel carts), and rolltainers
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 55 pounds
- Occasional climbing (using step ladder) up to heights of six feet
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
- Occasional or regular driving/providing own transportation to make bank deposits, attend management meetings and travel to other Dollar General stores.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
- Unload trucks according to the prescribed process for the store.
- Follow company work processes to receive, open and unpack cartons and totes.
- Stock merchandise; rotate and face merchandise on shelves and build merchandise displays.
- Restock returned and recovered merchandise.
- Order zones and drop shipment categories, following prescribed ordering practices, as assigned by the Store Manager.
- Assist in plan-o-gram implementation and maintenance.
- Assist customers by locating merchandise.
- Bail cardboard and take out trash; dust and mop store floors; clean restroom and stockroom.
- Greet customers as they enter the store.
- Maintain register countertops and bags; implement register countertop plan-o-grams.
- Operate cash register and flatbed scanner to itemize and total customer's purchase; bag merchandise.
- Collect payment from customer and make change.
- Clean front end of store and help set up sidewalk displays.
- Help to maintain a clean, well-organized store and facilitate a safe and secure working and shopping environment.
- Provide superior customer service leadership.
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications.
- Open and/or close the store under specific direction of the Area Manager.
In the Absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager:
- Authorize and sign for refunds and overrides; count register; make bank deposits.
- Assist in maintaining strict cashier accountability, key control, and adherence to company security practices and cash control procedures.
- Monitor cash levels and make appropriate drawer pulls as directed by the Store Manager.
- Monitor cameras for unusual activities (customers and employees), if applicable.
- Supply cashiers with change when needed.
- Complete all required paperwork and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines as assigned.