New job Junior Land Use Planner in Arizona
Junior Land Use Planner
Company : Quarles & Brady
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Arizona
Quarles & Brady seeks a Junior Land Use Planner for our Phoenix office with 1-2 years of experience working for a city, developer, or land use and zoning practice. The candidate will perform a variety of planning related functions, and will work with our firm's zoning attorneys to pursue creative site planning, design, urban planning, and land use solutions for our diverse clients. The candidate must have a very strong academic record paired with the skills, enthusiasm, and commitment to become an integral team member at the firm.
- Perform zoning due diligence.
- Draft pertinent sections of land use, zoning and entitlement applications.
- Research complicated zoning history for specific properties.
- Assist in the evaluation of rezoning, ordinance amendments, site plans, use permits, variances and other proposals.
- Prepare reports, memorandums and other documentation including client correspondences.
- Ability to work on multiple projects (locally and nationally) simultaneously.
- Assist with other functions within the department as needed.
- Other land use tasks as needed, on a national scale for various clients.
- 1-2 years of experience working for a city, developer or land use and zoning practice is preferred. Recent graduates from undergraduate or masters programs in urban/city planning will also be considered.
- An undergraduate or master's degree in planning.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of planning, zoning and land use, comprehensive planning, and of the normal stages of property development as viewed from both the public and private sectors.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret technical written material, plans, diagrams, blueprints, specifications and grading plans.
- Has an interest in not only Arizona land use issues, but also national land use trends and multi-jurisdictional research.
- Ability to work under general direction and guidance.
Equal Opportunity Employer