New job Judicial Assistant III - Denver County Court in Colorado
Judicial Assistant III - Denver County Court
Company : City and County of Denver
Salary : $23.91 - $32.87 an hour
Location : Colorado
About Our Job
Application Process: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible because this posting may close without notice.
The Denver County Court (DCC) is seeking a Judicial Assistant III to join the Criminal Division.
The mission of Denver County Court is to administer justice fairly, efficiently and effectively; provide excellent customer service, and foster a positive environment where employees enjoy their work. The City and County of Denver’s third branch of government is comprised of 18 judges, 3 full-time magistrates, and 300 staff members. Case types include state, civil, small claims, traffic, criminal, and other general sessions cases within the City and County of Denver. The Denver County Court proudly serves the community and continually seeks ways to incorporate procedural fairness and evidence-based practices.
The General Sessions and Criminal Division is a fast-paced environment serving many customers with complex legal matters. We are committed to helping people, creating and maintaining an accurate court record, and providing support services to the Judicial Officers. Our employees value customer service, knowledge, engagement, and teamwork. The leadership team works collaboratively to support the mission of the Court and its employees.
As a Judicial Assistant III you can expect to:
- Support a Judge within a courtroom. If your assigned Judge changes courtrooms, your position will follow your Judge to their new rotation.
- Provide excellent and unbiased customer service in a high-volume division to all who visit the court
- Support procedural fairness.
- Maintain detailed and confidential records, manage all courtroom activities and functions, and act as liaison between defendants, court personnel and the judicial officer.
- Enter your Judge’s orders and findings in the case record in real time during Court, keeping pace with the proceedings as each case is called.
- Represent your judicial officer and the court in a positive and professional manner as the face of your courtroom.
- Become a process and operations expert and find proactive solutions when available.
- Occasionally adjust work hours as needed for trials, hearings, or heavy dockets.
The ideal candidate will have integrity and a strong commitment to public service. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Self-starter, high level problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task
- Curiosity to learn and understand complex court processes, with a high attention to detail
- Kindness, compassion, and a high regard for people
- Desire to work with a small team, accepting and providing assistance to others as needed
- Experience with customer de-escalation and conflict management
- Proficiency with computers, typing
- Paralegal experience and/ or court specific knowledge
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bilingual, Spanish preferred
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience: Three (3) years of clerical experience, of which two (2) years of experience must have been in court, law enforcement or legal setting.
- Equivalency: A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the education and experience requirements with the exception of the two years of experience in court, law enforcement or legal setting.
- License and Certifications: By position, must be able to pass an initial pre-security clearance screening and maintain CBI (Colorado Bureau of Investigation) certification as a condition of employment. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
To be considered for this position, you must attach the following to your application (Upload the multiple attachment(s) to the Resume/CV section on the My Experience tab) If the items are not included, you will not be eligible for the position:
- Cover Letter
About Everything Else
Job ProfileCC2317 Judicial Assistant III
Position Salary Range$23.91 - $35.86
Starting Pay$23.91 - $32.87/hour based on education and experience
AgencyDenver County Court
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.