New job Human Resource Generalist in South Dakota
Human Resource Generalist
Company : South Dakota State Government
Salary : $44,224 - $56,376 a year
Location : South Dakota
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Bureau of Human Resources. For more information on the Bureau of Human Resources, please visit http://bhr.sd.gov.
The South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources is seeking to fill a Human Resource Generalist position. In this role you will provide professional level human resource services in the areas of employment, employee relations, compensation, and recruitment to various state agencies.
- Provides personnel policy and procedure guidance to employees and management and assists in development and implementation of human resource policies.
- Interviews and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions and collaborates with department managers to determine skills and competencies required for the job.
- Collaborates with the human resources team to develop effective workplace strategies.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs associated with disciplinary matters; compensation, benefits, and leave; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, and refers complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate human resources staff.
- Conducts/participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Gathers and analyzes data.
- Participates in or leads assigned special projects.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Assists in maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field is preferred.
- At least one year of human resource experience is also preferred.
- SHRM-CP or other HR certifications are a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills;
- excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines;
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- ability to prioritize tasks;
- ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality;
- ability to manage complex and sensitive employment and employee relation issues;
- ability to analyze and present information in such a way that it is understood by employees and managers at all levels;
- knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations;
- proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software;
- proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn HRIS and talent management systems.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Apply at: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=DUF
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"