New job Housekeeping Supervisor in Illinois
Company : DuPage County Government
Salary : $65,000 - $80,000 a year
Location : Illinois
We are pleased to offer the opportunity to work as a Housekeeping Supervisor for the DuPage County Facilities Management Department. This position is responsible for management of the housekeeping function in multiple County buildings across the County campus.
- Provides general supervision over routine, specialized, and emergency custodial and maintenance activities
- Assigns, delegates, supervises, schedules and inspects the work of subordinate staff engaged in the housekeeping functions
- Recommends hires and promotions, directs and evaluates employment decisions for all assigned positions
- Monitors approved budget throughout the year
- Maintains safety of staff through training programs and establishment of operational policies
- Inspects building and evaluates the quantity and quality of work performed
- Prepares requisitions for necessary supplies
- Evaluates and recommends the purchase of new equipment, supplies and /or maintenance and repair work
- Meets with vendors and tests new products
- Maintains necessary personnel, payroll, and inventory records
- Prepares and submits monthly operating reports
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
- Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency diploma equivalent
- Six years of progressively responsible experience in institutional, governmental, or commercial building housekeeping or other custodial maintenance, including three years in a supervisory rol
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Use of arm and /or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than for sedentary work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work will occur in an office and field environment. While performing the duties and responsibilities the employee may be exposed to loud noise, noxious odors, unsanitary conditions, chemicals, electricity, moving mechanical parts, varying weather conditions, and other related conditions and situations.