New job Host in Louisiana
Company : Link Restaurant Group
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Louisiana
Peche Seafood Grill is looking for Hosts.Are you the consummate host or hostess? One of the most important positions is the Host, being the first person to greet our guests and one of the last contacts. We are looking for warm, engaging, and professional people to join our team.
Link Restaurant Group was founded by James Beard Award winning executive Chef Donald Link and Stephen Stryjewski, with the goal to support the continuous growth of their family of restaurants in New Orleans. Currently that includes Herbsaint, Cochon, Cochon Butcher, Peche Seafood Grill, Gianna, La Boulangerie and Calcasieu Private Dining. Growing up in south Louisiana taught Chef Link about the importance of traditions and the regions unique flavors, which helped define their guiding philosophy to produce honest, simple food.
We offer competitive wages, career progression and professional development, health insurance and 401k with company match.
- Greet all guests entering the restaurant (by name if possible) and thank all guests leaving the restaurant
- Maintain cleanliness and organization at the host stand and front door area
- Answers phone, takes reservations
- Performs any mailing, posting, filing, or other projects given by the Manager on duty, as time permits
- Maintain an organized floor by quickly and efficiently seating guests according to company standards
- Clearly and politely communicate with guests when delays and/or waits occur
- Ensures that all menus (including dessert menus) wine lists are clean, in good shape, and presentable to the guest
- Presents menus and gives a quality assurance: “Enjoy your dinner!”
- Provides reservation counts and informs Manager on duty of special requests, expected XXP’s, large parties, private events, etc.
- Engage management for any guest issue or complaint
- Informs server and Manager of special requests, celebration of birthdays, anniversaries, known allergies, etc. as soon as a party is seated
- Directs guests at a comfortable pace for them to their table
- Checks the bathrooms regularly for cleanliness, restocks paper goods and empties trash cans when needed.
- Adhere to grooming and dress code standards
Skills and Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of host and/or restaurant experience in a high-volume environment
- Ability to work in an organized and professional manner
- Able to work in a standing/walking position for long periods of time
- Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess exceptional work ethic, strong sense of hospitality, and a collaborative attitude
- Receptive to constructive criticism and performance feedback
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Link Restaurant Group reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of LRG or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
LRG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.More detail about Link Restaurant Group part of Link Restaurant Group