New job Guest Services Representative in Nebraska
Guest Services Representative
Company : US Department of the Air Force
Salary : $10.00 - $10.50 an hour
Location : Nebraska
About the position:
About the position: This position will be assigned to the Offutt Inns at Offutt AFB, NE.
This position is Flex and has no guarantee of hours, but can be scheduled up to 40 hours per week.
- Receives and confirms room reservations by letter, telephone, email, or personal contact.
- Registers and assigns rooms to guests, makes and issues room keys, and may escort guests to rooms as needed.
- Ensures that only authorized patrons use government-sponsored quarters.
- Calculates and posts charges to patrons' accounts and balances totals with control records.
- Accepts payment, makes change, and presents departing guests checkout statements.
- Prepares and safeguards cash receipts, prepares daily cashier's report, daily activity report, and may prepare consolidated daily activity report.
- Maintains current checkout list.
- Maintains and sells sundry sales items to patrons.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Ensures required information is received from guest and entered into guest folio.
- Prints backup reports from property management system.
- Ensures housekeeping status of rooms is updated.
- Records and notifies appropriate person/organization of maintenance problems reported by guests.
- Ensure front desk area and lobby remains clean.
- Process Night Audit procedures and close credit card machines nightly.
- Maintains the lost and found program.
- Ensures that customer service is the first priority.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11079590
Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires the incumbent to complete a background investigation with favorable results.
QualificationsWho May Apply: Open to everyone. Applicants will be categorized by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An applicant's eligibility will be determined based on eligibility claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be provided with application by the closing date, 06/24/2021
Business Based Action, Military Spouse Preference, Outside Applicant Veteran, Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran, and Transition Hiring Preference
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if the position allows for qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Applicant must have experience in general clerical or cashier work of any kind in which the applicant has demonstrated ability to perform satisfactorily in handling multiple tasks and providing quality customer service. Experience must have demonstrated the ability to resolve common arithmetic problems, and to make change when receiving payment from customers. Must be able to read, speak, and write English. Must be able to satisfactorily complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. This position does not allow for education substitution.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
- Individual must fully meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered for Selective Service
- Direct deposit is required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A probationary period may be required
- Pre-employment requirements must be satisfactorily met prior to Entrance on Duty (EOD)
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this job opportunity announcement. And additional selections may also be made from this job opportunity announcement.
- Selection(s) are subject to restrictions resulting from hiring preferences and priority consideration eligible.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and supporting document will be evaluated against the qualifications of the position.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination has been made that you have inflated your responses to meet the position's qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.,) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Trust determination process
Required documents may vary based on the eligibility you are claiming (i.e., applying as a Military Spouse Preference - MSP, applying as a veteran, applying as a current federal employees, applying as a displaced employee, etc.,). The below document(s) are required and MUST be submitted with your application by the closing date of this job announcement:
Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support identified the general or specialized experience described in this announcement.
If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
Other accepted documents to support a qualification and/or claimed preference/priority eligibility may include:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Diploma/ GED
- Disability Letter (VA)
- PCS Orders
- Professional Certification
- Proof of Marriage Status
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and supporting documents which prove your claimed eligibility. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package to include supplemental documents may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
Review our benefits
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
Please see the "Who May Apply" section under the Qualifications section.