New job Government Contracts Manager in Pennsylvania
Government Contracts Manager
Company : Eaton
Salary : $98,400 - $135,300 a year
Location : Pennsylvania
Eaton Corporation is currently seeking a Government Contracts Manager to join our team. This position can be based at any Eaton US facility or an approved remote location with a preference for Moon Township, PA or Raleigh, NC.
In this role, you must be a problem solver who shapes and carries out complex contract negotiations, approval and execution strategies on a high volume and wide array of agreements with the U.S. Government, sophisticated prime contractors and key subcontractors. You will be successful by demonstrating, the ability to spot issues, get to the heart of a matter and articulate plans to address through collaboration, relationship building and direct communication.
You will proactively identify unique business scenarios and opportunities found throughout all aspects of the contract lifecycle, formulate executive-level recommendations and partner with the business across a diverse array of cross-functional teams.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Review, analyze and interpret U.S. Government contract terms found across a variety of routes to market for transactions ranging from the purchase or sale of goods to complex, multi-million dollar design, build projects.
- Craft innovative approaches for handling complex requirements in a wide range of transactions and contract types by balancing the opportunities and risks created for various functional teams who look to you for solid analysis, sound judgment and creative and practical contractual guidance.
- Plan and execute against a portfolio of complex, strategic contracts at various stages of their lifecycle in a fast-paced and fun team environment where you must be proactive, results-driven and continually challenging yourself and others to achieve the ultimate objectives in a timely manner.
- Manage the full contract lifecycle from sources sought through contract closeout among various functional teams including sales, operations, finance and others with great follow through, tactical and strategic advice, the ability to manage expectations and employ sound judgment and business sense to escalate to executive level management
- Lead contract negotiations with U.S. Government officials, sophisticated prime contractors or key, strategic subcontractors in collaboration with other functional professionals at Eaton.
- Drive the creation or revision of policies and procedures to ensure they scale with changing internal business requirements while meeting evolving requirements from a broad supplier and customer base.
- Identify and implement opportunities to develop efficient, comprehensive, long-term approaches to contracting processes which influence all aspects of the business.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years of government contract experience
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States on an on-going basis without Company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Minimum 2 years of negotiation experience
Eaton provides a competitive total rewards package commensurate with applicable skills, knowledge, and experience and consistent with internal and external market practices. The annual salary range for this role is $98,400 - $135,300 a year.
- Demonstrated knowledge of FAR, DFAR, CFR, DEAR, ITAR, EAR, TINA and CAS
- Demonstrated experience with both firm fixed price and cost type proposals and contracts
- Experience with cost or price proposal preparation, contract negotiation, federal compliance, government audits with DCMA and/or DCAA, government property management, intellectual property and any other business-related support required for proper administration and management of government contracts
- Contracts certifications (CPCM, CFCM or CCCM)
- Well-versed in MS Office software programs
- Able to demonstrate strong drive for results in order to address heavy volume of projects along with ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills needed in order to successfully negotiate from difficult selling position on key areas of concern whether contractual, financial or operational in nature.
- Confidence communicating with all levels of internal and external organizations; including delivering difficult messages and challenging current assumptions.
- Work effectively with other groups and departments on all matters of project activities that may require Contract Department contributions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong awareness of what type of communication is appropriate for what audience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time