New job Government Contracts Assistant in New York
Government Contracts Assistant
Company : Good Shepherd Services
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New York
Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families each year – and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in whatever form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work in NYC by Crain’s New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our team and help make a difference!
Reports to: SENIOR GOVERNMENT CONTRACT IMPLEMENTATION MANAGER
Location: 305 7th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10001
Hours: 35 Hours/Week; Non-Exempt
Job Summary: The Government Contracts Assistant will support the Government Contracts Implementation Team which is responsible for managing all agency government contracts. The Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Contract Managers
Office Management/Administrative support
- Provide office management/administrative support such as photocopying, scanning/saving electronic files, faxing, mail merges, ordering supplies, providing once-a-week phone reception for the agency, etc.
- Manage department’s hard and cyber files
- Draft and prepare letter correspondence
- Sort, distribute and follow up on incoming department mail
- Perform special project work as needed
- Schedule and prepare documents, and participate in site visits, audits and meetings as requested
- Attend and scribe meeting notes as needed
- Communicate with funders and departments across the agency for program and project implementation
- Manage government contracts reporting schedule; set report reminders; send regular reminders to program, fiscal and evaluation staff and follow up as needed to meet deadlines
- Collect reports in a timely manner; assist in editing reports and clarifying information
- Assist Contracts Managers in submitting reports to government funders and act as liaison to all GSS internal departments
- Manage back-up documentation for reporting process
- Support department in processing and managing existing government grants/contracts and those pending renewal
- Distribute contract documents to appropriate agency staff to ensure timely delivery of critical contract/program information
- Collect, track and maintain attendance back-up from school-based programs needed for fiscal invoicing
- Assist in administrative tasks around contracting with Managed Care Organizations and submitting of necessary documents and reports
- Assist Contract Managers in various licensing and certification process as needed.
- Provide support as needed to complete catalog of contract summaries
- Submit documents, including procurement documents, in City, State and Federal databases such as PASSPort, HHS Accelerator, Grants Gateway, CMS, etc.
- Enter necessary data into agency database such as Salesforce; run necessary reports on data collected
- BA degree preferred
- One year related experience and familiarity with office systems and procedures required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required;
- Must be self-motivated, detail and deadline oriented with superb follow-up and prioritizatio skills
- Must demonstrate ability to perform in a busy work environment during high volume periods
- Must demonstrate professional writing skills
- Proven ability to communicate with staff at all levels
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength based and/or youth development perspective
- Must be able to work independently and in as a team.
- Must possess the ability to build collaborative relationships across teams, departments and external stakeholders
- The ideal candidate is someone who thrives on creating effective and efficient systems to support a busy team that supports human service programs across the city.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.