New job Forester - 20051249 in Ohio
Forester - 20051249
Company : State of Ohio Jobs
Salary : $21.50 an hour
Location : Ohio
Forester - 20051249(2100021G)
Who we are:
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) is committed to its mission “To ensure a balance between wise use and protection of our natural resources for the benefit of all.” Our agency embraces the insightful use of our natural resources to assure the continued safety, happiness and prosperity of Ohio’s people.
ODNR owns and manages state parks, state forests, state nature preserves and wildlife areas. We license all hunting, fishing and watercraft; oversee and permit all mineral extraction, monitor dam safety, manage water resources and serve as the second largest Law Enforcement presence in the State of Ohio.
We are accepting applications for a Forester within the Division of Forestry, headquartered in Athens county. The address is 360 E. State Street, Athens, Ohio 45701. To learn more about the Division of Forestry please visit Division of Forestry (ohiodnr.gov).
What you will do…
- Serve landowners through the Shared Stewardship program, which enables landowners to complete woodland improvement activities;
- Play a lead role in wildland fire fighting efforts;
- Perform public relations duties, promoting interest, activity, & understanding in forest conservation;
- Conduct cruises & inventoriy state forest land, as well as prepare timber sales;
- Assist in the dvision's mission to promote and apply management for the sustainable use and protection of Ohio’s private and public forest lands.
What’s in it for you…
The State of Ohio offers an excellent benefits package which includes extensive medical, dental and vision insurance. At least a 14% employer contribution into your OPERS pension plan, Employee Tuition reimbursement program and much more. To view all the benefits offered, please visit Total Rewards .
We are ready for you!
We’re glad you’re interested in pursuing a rewarding career with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources! Exploring and protecting the natural beauty of Ohio will prove to be the most enjoyable career opportunity you will ever find!
Completion of undergraduate core coursework in forestry or related field of study; 12 mos. trg. or 12 mos. exp. in public relations; 12 mos. trg. or 12 mos. exp. in operation of computer software programs; valid driver's license. -Or 12 mos. exp. as Forestry Technician, 22321. -Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications For Employment noted above.
- Developed after employment
The State of Ohio is diverse, inclusive, and Equal Opportunity Employer. Under the Americans with Disability Act as Amended (ADAAA), if reasonable accommodation is required, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 614-265-6981 or email@example.com.
Effective July 1, 2015 applicants must apply online for positions at all state agencies except the Department of Developmental Disabilities (DODD).
The final candidate selected for the position will be required to undergo a criminal background check. Criminal convictions do not necessarily preclude an applicant from consideration for a position. An individual assessment of an applicant's prior criminal convictions will be made before excluding an applicant from consideration.
STATUS OF POSTED POSITIONS: Applicants can view the status of this position by logging into their user profile on the Ohio Hiring Management System [OHMS] Home page at the following link careers.ohio.gov, and selecting "My Profile".
- Selection devices, proficiency testing and/or assessments may be used to determine if an applicant meets and is proficient in the minimum qualifications for this position.
- Applicants may attach the following document types: Microsoft Word (.doc and .docx), PDF (.pdf), Plain Text (.txt), Rich Text (.rtf).
- Please do not upload attachments that have an anomaly or are password protected.
All information pertaining to education, training and/or experience must be verifiable on your State of Ohio Civil Service Employment Application and/or attached resume, transcript or licensure(s) for the information to be considered.