New job Food Service Worker in Delaware | 2021
Food Service Worker
Company : State of Delaware
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delaware
Make a Difference with DHSS
Our mission at the Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) is to improve the quality of life of Delaware citizens by promoting health and well-being, fostering self-sufficiency, and protecting vulnerable populations. We prioritize personal and family independence by assisting individuals and families in a variety of life areas.
We offer numerous career opportunities and are dedicated to attracting and retaining highly talented individuals who are ready to make a difference in their community today. DHSS is a great place to kick-start your profession.
For more information, please visit https://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/ today!
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Sets up serving line by gathering utensils, foods and supplies needed for the serving process.
- Prepares meal trays by dipping the correct portion of appropriate foods from the serving pan.
- Loads completed meal trays or food pans into food carts; Delivers loaded carts to proper location; Returns carts and trays to kitchen after individuals have completed meals.
- Assists cooks by opening cans, slicing and chopping food items, making sandwiches, bulk salads, desserts or preparing beverages.
- Cleans carts and trash containers, sweeps and mops floors, wipes tables, steam carts and counters and performs other functions necessary to ensure that food preparation and serving areas are sanitary.
- Performs all phases of dishwashing process.
- Keeps various records.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Food Service Worker
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Knowledge of record keeping.
Additional Posting Information
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our Job Seeker Resources.
DHSS does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
Conditions of Hire
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at statejobs.delaware.gov.