New job Fiscal Technician (Local Government) Monroe County C&Y in Pennsylvania
Fiscal Technician (Local Government) Monroe County C&Y
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Salary : $29,788 - $66,050 a year
Location : Pennsylvania
If you enjoy working with numbers and interacting with people, then this could be the position you've been waiting for!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
- Work hours: Monday through Friday; 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with a 1-hour lunch period
- Multiple positions may be filled from this posting
Employee will record and enter all expenditures and income in CAPS (agency database), and check general ledger account numbers, vendor numbers, and totals before processing invoices for payment. Employee is also responsible for recording journal transfers and verifying completion; reconciling with county general ledger; allocating quarterly expenses to appropriate quarterly reports; and accounting for expenses, program receipts, placements, IV-E eligibilities, salaries/benefits, journal transfers, contract per diems, and other income to be used in the computing of quarterly invoices.
May assist in completing required CYS reports. Attend trainings and conferences and cross train with other fiscal personnel.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - One year as a Fiscal Assistant; OR three years of work involving the maintenance of fiscal or financial records, including one year of responsible work which involves the application of accounting or fiscal principles and practices, and graduation from high school; OR one year of experience in maintaining and reviewing fiscal records and an associate degree in accounting or business administration; OR any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcript(s) for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
Benefit packages are determined by the county and may vary. Please contact the applicable county human resource office directly to inquire about a specific benefit package.