New job Financial Specialist Senior in Idaho
Financial Specialist Senior
Company : State of Idaho
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Idaho
IDAHO TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT
Our Mission: Your Safety, Your Mobility, Your Economic Opportunity
Are you interested in working for an award-winning, dynamic, professional state agency? This opening may be your opportunity to use your financial knowledge and skills to promote the mission of Idaho Transportation Department (ITD).
The Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) is currently recruiting for a Financial Specialist, Senior in the Financial Services office at the Boise Headquarters.
The position will support Department bonding efforts financing construction projects and support District and Headquarter program areas with their project accounting needs. Respond to external compliance/audit requests, complete final estimate reviews, final voucher reconciliations, perform accounting adjusting entries and review monthly program area financial statements.
NOTICE: This position requires a background investigation before a final job offer is made
Example of Duties
- Analyze and resolve complex cost accounting and reporting issues;
- Develop cash flow projections, debt service draw of funds and reconciliations for ITD’s bond programs;
- Utilizes current information technology to analyze, research, and maintain financial data, develop financial documents and resolve issues;
- Assist with inquiries, audits and review requests of financial/accounting information for compliance with state and federal government reporting requirements, as well as compliance with GAAP;
- Assist AP functions on project related contracts;
- Perform the final reconciliation and closure of Federal funded projects.
Good knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Developing and preparing financial documents;
- Using a personal computer to develop, analyze, and report on financial data;
- Analyzing financial activities and recommending management action.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field with minimum of 20 semester hours of accounting and three years' experience in financial reporting and a working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles;
- Solid organization skills with attention to detail resulting in timely and accurate work products;
- Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing;
- Gather data from multiple financial systems, analyze data, integrate data, validate data for accuracy and develop reports/scripts/inquiries to assist Finance team members to aid with process improvements and business decisions;
- Work proficiently with Excel (pivot tables) and Word.
Source : Indded