New job Finance Intern in Rhode Island
Company : IGT
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Rhode Island
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
This internship role concentrates on budgeting, forecasting, and reporting, will support the Finance Project Control within technology group. The position will also interact with project management team to understand performance measurements and cost control strategies, identifying areas where cost improvement can be realized and fostering sound business practices around costing and project implementations.
- Support in the facilitation of cost estimation, budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Assist in preparing, assessing and consolidate project budgets and forecasts.
- Identify areas where cost improvements can be realized and assist in the implementation of programs to affect cost improvements. Assist with the development of systems and procedures that stress cost containment.
- Assist with ongoing improvements to finance related processes and policies and ensure consistency of application.
- Assist in the development and improvement of systems and tools.
- Maintain good communication with team members and project managers.
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be a student currently enrolled in a degree program
- Must be able to work 12 hours per week during the academic year and 37.5 hours/week during the summer.
Keys to Success
- Building collaborative relationships
- Decision making
- Drive results
- Foster innovation
- Personal energy
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, and free identity theft insurance.