New job Field Services Manager in South Dakota
Field Services Manager
Company : Raven Industries
Salary : Details not provided
Location : South Dakota
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Raven Aerostar is a world leader in lighter-than-air, stratospheric, and situational awareness technology. Committed to rapid innovation of highly technical and groundbreaking technology, we design and manufacture niche products that enhance security and connect the world. We are working on a number of exciting projects — and looking for extraordinary talent to join our team.
- Manage field service teams, building a scalable organization and encouraging organic development and continuous improvement of processes and procedures.
- Develop and execute budgets, short-term plans, policies, procedures, and initiatives. Work with team to maintain accountability to budgets, plans, and initiatives.
- Work with customers to capture mission requirements including objectives, schedules, and associated logistics.
- Lead activities in mission modeling to ensure feasibility of requested CONOPs.
- Track inventory an ensure adequate materials and equipment are available to meet customer needs.
- Coordinate logistics for demonstrations and campaigns, including transport and staging of flight platforms, ground support equipment, lift gas, and personnel.
- Manage flight operations teams to include launch, operations, and recovery of lighter-than-air platforms.
- Ensure checklists are being followed, records are being kept, and other measures are being taken to ensure quality assurance regarding field operations.
- Manage scheduling and rotation of field representatives for onboard servicing and/or operation of radar systems.
- Maintain adequate inventory of parts, supplies, and equipment for assigned shifts/sites/missions.
- Collect design improvement recommendations from FSRs based on common failure modes of fielded systems.
- Maintain and develop new policies and procedures for field service operations.
- Develop training processes and create documentation.
- Coordinate efforts to ensure proper safety and ergonomics standards and guidelines are met in work area.
- Manage compliance with applicable standards, including licensure with FAA, FCC, DOT, etc. as pertain to ongoing field operations.
- Effectively promote and maintain customer relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field.
- Minimum 5 years related experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous leadership experience required.
- Direct military experience, experience supporting military operations, or experience managing field operations preferred.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and empower team members to succeed.
- High level of patience and service. Ability to motivate team members.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure. Positive communication in the face of issues, especially when communicating to external stakeholders.
- Problem-solving abilities. Ability to identify waste and creatively look for solutions.
- Travel is required, potentially up to 50% of time, both domestic and international.
- Annual Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check required.
We are a manufacturer covered by ITAR 22 CFR 120-130 and all team members must be a United States Person.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.