New job Facility Integrity Specialist in Illinois
Facility Integrity Specialist
Company : Pembina
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Illinois
Requisition Id: 22306
Department: Facility Integrity, US Operations Area
Pembina U.S. Corporation is recruiting for a Specialist, Facility Integrity to be based at the Aux Sable NGL Extraction and Fractionation Facility located in Morris (Channahon), Illinois. In the U.S., Aux Sable is jointly owned by Enbridge, Pembina and Williams Partners. Aux Sable facilities are operated by Pembina. This position reports to the Supervisor, Facility Integrity, US Ops within Pembina’s Facility Integrity department of the Technical Services Unit (TSU).
As a key contributing member of the Facility Integrity department, the Facility Integrity Specialist will lead implementation of Pembina’s integrity program in designated assets and support the realization of the Asset Integrity goals and objectives.
TSU provides technical expertise and consistency across all of Pembina’s Business Units which involves the development and governance of standards, specifications and procedures. TSU works in conjunction with other service units to support the business objectives and operational requirements of the business units.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Responsibilities are for facility integrity programs in designated Pembina assets, which includes NGL fractionation facilities and pipeline facilities. The pipeline facilities include pump stations, tank farm and storage bullets;
- Maintain vessel, tank, piping and PSV database and scheduling and reviewing equipment inspections and PSV servicing reports;
- Leads in planning, coordination and execution for facility integrity activities, including turnarounds and integrity driven projects;
- Performs and/or coordinates inspection and NDE activities, including installation inspections for new facilities, and ensures they are performed as required and scheduled;
- Establishment of inspection and maintenance plans and strategies for all facilities, including all pressure equipment, critical piping systems, PSV’s, tanks, sumps and storage tubes;
- Collecting, trending, and analyzing corrosion monitoring programs;
- Participate in vendor and government reviews and audits;
- Ensures that non-conformances (regulatory or internal) are identified, and oversees implementation of corrective and preventative actions;
- Participates in root cause failure investigations and responses for failures of, or involving pressure equipment, facility piping and tanks, and liaises with and reports to the regulators;
- Liaises with the local Jurisdictional representatives where applicable;
- Supports internal and regulatory audits for areas of responsibility;
- Contributes to a team environment that values inclusion & diversity
- Develops and manages budgets for planned integrity activities; and
- Working very closely with our operations staff, maintenance groups and inspection contractors to ensure success of the facility integrity programs and initiatives.
- Engineering degree or technical diploma in inspection Technology;
- Consideration will be given to candidates with strong welding, material, chemical or mechanical technical background in lieu of engineering degree or technical diploma;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in facility inspection, piping, and pressure vessel activities;
- API 510/570/653, CWI, NDE (ASNT) certifications, NACE training, OQ qualification relative to pipeline facilities inspection, or other industry applicable training would be an asset;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently given appropriate guidance, and able to prioritize multiple tasks;
- Excellent verbal and written communication with stakeholders, co-workers, and third parties;
- Strong working knowledge of industry codes, regulations and best practices; and
- Capable in facilitation in order to conduct periodic Facility Integrity Reviews at sites and coach operations and maintenance personnel on integrity related issues.
- Fast paced operating environment that requires well informed and quick decision making at site;
- The facilities are at different points in their life cycle and therefore have different integrity challenges even though they may look the same and have the same functionality; and
- Currently deploying new processes and tools that are at various levels of maturity. Key one is migration and integration of inspection plans, strategies and records that exist over multiple platforms i.e. spreadsheet-based and electronic based (SAP and PCMS management software systems).
This position is considered “Safety Sensitive” so will require Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Testing.
Pembina is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina's growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta's Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.