New job F&B - Servers in Tucson, AZ 85718 | 2021
F&B - Servers
Company : Tucson Embassy Suites
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Tucson, AZ 85718
Provides prompt and courteous food and beverage service to restaurant guests while
maximizing sales and guest satisfaction.
- Radiates a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Becomes informed of kitchen/food shortages and relays the shortages to guests when necessary.
- Becomes informed of daily/weekly specials and is able to explain all menu items and methods of cooking/preparation to the customers as requested.
- Describes all menu items; methods of preparation and prices as needed and/or requested by customers.
- Ensures that any special requests that the kitchen is able to deliver for the guest is indeed met.
- Up-sells established menu items or specials to maximize food and beverage revenues.
- Serves menu items to guests in a prompt and courteous manner and according to established service standards.
- Performs pre- and post-shift side work including stock service station, makes coffee, etc.
- Forwards customer payments to cashier for completion of the transaction; receives change from cashier and returns change promptly to guest.
- Receives direct and indirect customer feedback regarding their dining experience and relays feedback to proper management
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Report serious guest requests to the appropriate supervisor. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- May assist Greeter/Cashier with greeting and seating guests
- May assist the bus person with clearing table and filling glasses.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management. Requirements:
Basic reading, writing and math. Food service experience with
general knowledge of restaurant operations is preferred.
Certification and/or License Requirement: Alcohol awareness certification and/or food
service permit as required by local or state government agency.
Skills and Qualities:
- Customer service oriented
- Interpersonal communications.
- Retention of Information
- Able to implement proper serving, wine-serving, and table-clearing techniques
- Quick-paced and multitasking abilities
- Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to work in a fast paced environment.
- May be asked to work overtime.
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its
purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that an
applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without
The major responsibility in this position is to provide prompt and courteous service to
restaurant guests; therefore a significant portion of the time is spent speaking, listening,
walking, standing and carrying.
The vast majority of time is spent servicing the menu items, which is typically done while
standing up and walking.
Communication skills are used a significant amount of the time when talking with guests or
staff and when given instructions.
Lifting, carrying, balancing, and pushing items of up to 75 pounds (i.e. plates, utensils, trays,
tables, carts) occurs frequently.
Reading and writing abilities are utilized frequently when documenting a guest’s order,
reading the menu, or when processing customer payments.
Reasoning, problem solving and organizational abilities are used often to coordinate guest
requests or complaints.
Basic mathematical skills are used when completing customer payment transactions.
Job title also known as: Waiter/ Waitress