New job Executive Financial Associate in Pennsylvania
Executive Financial Associate
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Salary : $45,184 - $68,695 a year
Location : Pennsylvania
This position serves as an Executive Financial Associate in the Office of the Budget, Comptroller Operations, Bureau of Accounting and Financial Management, General Accounting Division.This position is an entry level position in the Executive Accounting Series. The Office of Comptroller Operations is supportive of career growth opportunities and candidates in this job title may be promoted into an Executive Accounting Specialist upon successful completion of a probationary period and at least one year as an Executive Financial Associate.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
- Full-time employment
- Work Hours: Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 4:30 pm with a 1-hour lunch period
- Due to COVID-19, the selected candidate will be working from home at the direction of the Governor until further notice. Once work from home orders have been lifted, the candidate will report to Forum Place building for work.
- Assists in application of intermediate accounting theoretical knowledge to financial transactions arising from the activities of difficult and complex program Commonwealth funds, grant programs, and sub-grants.
- Assists in completion of financial statements of annualized program activity for program reporting and ACFR reporting.
- Assists in analysis through accounting system reconciliations and grant reconciliations to ensure reporting compliance.
- Assists in grant maintenance, monitoring, and billing in the Commonwealth accounting system and preparing grant Federal Financial Reports for federal agencies.
- Collaborates and assists in other reporting and team functions to meet operational objectives of the unit.
1. Communicates effectively by using professional verbal and writing skills
2. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships
3. Uses and safeguards the Commonwealth of PA’s computer and associated software applications
4. Transports and safeguards the Commonwealth of PA’s computer for teleworking purposes
5. Operates standard office equipment
6. Attends meetings and teleconference calls
7. Attends training sessions as required
8. Travels as required
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: Three years as an Accounting Assistant (commonwealth title) and completion of 21 college credits in accounting and an additional 3 credits in finance or accounting; OR two years as a Fiscal Technician (commonwealth title) and completion of 21 college credits in accounting and an additional 3 credits in finance or accounting; OR a bachelor’s degree including 21 credits in accounting and an additional 3 credits in finance or accounting; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training that includes 21 college credits in accounting and an additional 3 credits in finance or accounting.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- This posting requires submission of a copy of your college transcript(s). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. You may upload your document as an attachment during the application process. You must still complete the application and answer the supplemental questions. All documents MUST be uploaded prior to the submission of your application.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
For most positions, we offer paid vacation days, paid sick days, military leave, as well as paid time off for most major U.S. holidays. Alternate work schedules are available for certain positions.
We want to help you grow and see your goals become a reality! Supervisors and human resource staff are available to help employees create a plan to develop skills for their current jobs or prepare for the next step in their careers. Employees can easily transfer between positions or agencies to expand knowledge and pursue new challenges while retaining leave and benefits. Additionally, there are a variety of programs available to help get you where you need to be.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving, and even special employee-only discounts.
For more information about benefits, health and wellness, work-life balance, career development, and other rewards go to www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.