New job Executive Assistant in Indiana
Company : AYS, Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Indiana
The Executive Assistant administratively supports the CEO and Board of Directors. Additional responsibilities include Executive Team secondary support and general office management.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
President’s Office/General Responsibilities (75 percent)
- Serve as a positive and guiding force that instills the AYS Way into all aspects of the organization.
- Serves as gatekeeper and manages schedule of the President/CEO, including calendar, meeting preparation, travel, and conference arrangements.
- Prepares and edits communications /presentations with professionalism and resourcefulness.
- Maintains board and executive administration reference materials, managing hard files and electronic information in private and public executive drives.
- Coordinates Board meetings and provides support and assistance to the Board and Board committees; coordinates board orientation and board communications; coordinates timely receipt and distribution of Board meeting materials; and updates and maintains Board Portal with key organizational information.
- Tracks, processes, and maintains CEO expenditures, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Ensures/maintains strict confidentiality standards.
- Follows all AYS policies and procedures as directed in the Employee Manual and the Program Manual
- Supports strategic planning process and reporting.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing
Vice President Support (25 percent)
- Manages lobby entrance, work room and all common spaces, ensuring they are well-organized and clean; distributes mail, maintains AYS directories and contact lists in a timely fashion.
- Creates/develops/proposes office space arrangements and manages internal office moves.
- Manages common and building meeting calendars.
- Orders and maintains office supplies inventory using contracted vendors.
- Oversees phone, video/conference call and security systems; works with IT, HR, and outside vendors to coordinate any necessary trainings and system updates.
- Manages office equipment for AYS administration; Tracks and maintain office equipment and building service calls, supplies replenishment, and postage meter machine.
- Oversees shred, file storage and shred program.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- High School degree or equivalent required
- Five years of experience as Executive Assistant (or related) preferred
- Experience working with Board of Directors preferred
- Experience and/or ability to work and interact effectively with a diverse, multicultural audience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Engagement/Communication – Provide prompt, attentive, and friendly customer service in-person and by phone; Communicates clearly, accurately, and respectfully verbally and in writing; seeks and responds to feedback from internal and external stakeholders to improve service and communication.
- Collaboration – Cooperates and works together with all stakeholders plans and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgement. Supports cross-training and shares learning with others.
- Adaptability – Willingness to take on new challenges and responsibilities; open to change and variety within the workplace; recommends and implements changes for continuous improvement in all aspects of the organization and its mission.
- Technical – Proficiency in using computers and related software; experience with Microsoft Office and additional programs and systems.
- Critical Thinking– Ability to think about and discuss complex issues, solution oriented.
- Professionalism – Exhibits effective skills in priority management, professionalism, and empathy; completes work with accuracy and a high attention to detail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift supplies and equipment up to 20lbs occasionally.
- Able to move quickly to intervene in dangerous situations.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Able to make decisions without supervision.
- Able to make sound decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization.