New job Events Assistant in Oregon
Company : Waverley Country Club
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Oregon
Portland’s only riverfront country club with an unrivaled culture of year-round golf and spirited experiences that bring active families and friends closer together. Waverley Country Club is currently seeking Event Assistant to join us this summer season.
We are looking for individuals with a positive, outgoing personality who is organized and creative with a keen-eye for detail.. The Events Assistant is responsible for directing and facilitating food and beverage service at private and Club functions with a focus on quality, exceptional service, budget adherence and accountability. This position will work through the end of the summer. Candidates must be available to work flexible hours.
What you will do
- Assists Events Director in arranging & planning banquets, luncheons, meetings, weddings and other social events in conjunction with culinary personnel; obtains & produces pertinent information needed for guest planning.
- Provides tours and offers suggestions in an effort to sell the club’s facilities for the occasion being planned.
- Responds to inquiries and takes reservations for member functions.
- Confirms reservation counts prior to events and provides to the appropriate departments.
- Facilitates the billing for all private and Club functions.
- Creates printed materials for events including menus, place cards, and seating signage.
- Schedules appointments, answers the telephone, and acts as a receptionist when necessary.
- Assists in arranging decorations, entertainment, and other event rental needs.
- Associates Degree or extensive experience and knowledge in Food & Beverage.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and InDesign.
- Organized and self-directed individual who is “business savvy" and a team player.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a private and professional manner.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet specific time lines.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in business situations.
- Creative with a keen-eye for detail.