New job Environmental Assistant Part-time *No Benefits* Non-Civil Service in Tennessee
Environmental Assistant Part-time *No Benefits* Non-Civil Service
Company : Metropolitan Government of Nashville & Davidson County
Salary : $18.05 an hour
Location : Tennessee
Are you task-oriented and love working outdoors? Do you take pride in attention to detail? The Metro Nashville Public Health Department (MPHD) is seeking an energetic person to work with the Environmental Health Bureau. Our Environmental Health Bureau promotes healthy living conditions through clean air, safe food, and reduced exposure to environmental health and safety hazards. Under direct supervision and in a training status, performs mosquito control activities in the pest management program. The ability to work with a diverse population is a must as the successful candidate will be answering calls, managing inquiries, and speaking directly with citizens regarding MPHD’s pest management program.
This is a Part-Time position with the Nashville Public Health Department.
This position will work 19.5 hours per week with no benefits provided.
If you have any questions regarding this position please call HR at 615-340-5640.
- Performs various activities associated with the West Nile Virus and mosquito control programs.
- Responds to requests for pest management services from residents of Davidson County.
- Participates in MPHD’s response to the identification of positive mosquito pools and the occurrence of positive human cases of West Nile Virus.
- Provides educational material for residents.
- Maintains mosquito surveillance data.
- Perform tick surveillance and related activities, including tick dragging, collection, and sample preparation for lab testing
High school diploma or G.E.D.
Valid driver’s license, use of personal vehicle, and maintenance of valid personal vehicle insurance as required by Tennessee Law.
Candidates with accreditations earned in a foreign institute are encouraged to apply, however at the present time MPHD is not sponsoring individuals through any of the US Government ?s employment-based immigration programs.
MPHD seeks to be a socially and culturally responsive organization that acknowledges and addresses historical and current inequities in our public health promotion and practice. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to work with multicultural communities.
Working Environment/Physical Demands:
Medium to heavy work that involves walking, standing, bending, stooping, lifting, and exerting up to 40 pounds of force on a regular basis.
Must be willing to work with insect sprays and be willing and able to wear protective clothing.