New job Employment Specialist (Rehabilitation Employment Specialist) in South Dakota
Employment Specialist (Rehabilitation Employment Specialist)
Company : South Dakota State Government
Salary : $17.48 - $29.70 an hour
Location : South Dakota
PLEASE ATTACH THE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Job ID: 16060
Agency: Department of Human Services, Division of Service to the Blind and Visually Impaired
Location: Sioux Falls
Salary: $17.48 - $29.70 per hour
Pay Grade: GH
Closing Date: 04/26/2021
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Department of Human Services. For more information on the Department of Human Services], please visit http://dhs.sd.gov.
Provides individualized career services and facilitates placements to meet the employment needs of clients. Evaluates work skills, work habits, and social skills to determine vocational options for clients with mental, physical, or sensory disabilities. Provides job development and placement services to individuals with disabilities, along with work direction, support services, job coaching, and counseling for individuals seeking employment. Must be able to work with a wide range of individuals with diverse employment interests and abilities. Serves as a designated Employer Relations Representative to promote employment development opportunities, and Department of Labor and Regulation services by conducting employer outreach activities through business contacts. Engaging businesses is a key component in improving employment outcomes for people with disabilities.
Working conditions or other specific requirements:
Local travel and occasional work on evenings and weekends.
Licenses and Certifications:
Certified Employment Support Professional (CESP) certification or eligible to obtain certification within the first year of employment.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
An understanding of diverse populations and the Sioux Falls labor market, community resources to assist clients, appropriate accommodations that would assist the client overcome employment barriers, as well as, knowledge of job placement strategies.
- interviewing, placement strategies, and counseling techniques;
- resume writing, interviewing skills, and other job seeking skills;
- Sioux Falls business community and labor market information;
- accommodations to assist clients with physical, mental, or sensory disabilities to overcome employment barriers;
- medical, psychiatric, and physiological terminology;
- employment and training programs;
- Americans with Disabilities Act, tax credits, and hiring incentives;
- reasonable accommodations and options for making work sites accessible for individuals with disabilities.
- build a rapport with businesses and promote the hiring of people with disabilities;
- identify individual job skills, strengths, and resources;
- work well within a team environment.
- use a computer and MS Office software;
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, counselors, and the business community;
- identify, develop and utilize community resources available to help individuals with disabilities;
- conduct employer outreach activities through extensive business contacts;
- evaluate and document progress utilizing a computerized data system;
- organize time and resources to achieve goals;
- communicate effectively;
- understand, interpret, and follow instructions, policies, and regulations;
- work with clients from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Additional Requirements: To be considered, please attach a resume with your application.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Apply at: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=DUQ
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"