New job EMG Technician PRN for Private Practice in Louisiana
EMG Technician PRN for Private Practice
Company : Avala
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Louisiana
The EMG Technician will assist the physician with performing nerve conduction studies and electromyography testing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Perform nerve conduction studies and assist in electrodiagnostic studies as required, under the supervision of the physician
- Recognizes and troubleshoots physiological and non-physiological artifact and technical issues, while recognizing normal and abnormal results to take the reasonable steps to obtain the best study on the patient
- Clean, replenish, maintain and assure the availability of instruments and supplies needed in the EMG exam room
- Assist Physician as needed during the needle examination and sets up for physicians procedures
- Keeps equipment clean and in operating condition
- Report findings and calculate nerve conduction values
- Act as the physician liaison between patients and the doctors in regards to patient questions and concerns
- Maintain patient confidentiality in compliance with company policies and procedures
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associates degree required. Biological science background, specifically in anatomy and physiology required. Previous experience with nerve conduction studies and EMG equipment preferred.
- Proficiency with computer software, including electronic medical records systems
- Excellent communication skills and work habits