New job Emerging Talent Program - Corporate Responsibility - U.S. Government Relations Internship in New York
Emerging Talent Program - Corporate Responsibility - U.S. Government Relations Internship
Company : JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New York
The Corporate Responsibility (CR) department is responsible for the development and implementation of the firm's CR agenda and initiatives by crafting goals, policies and initiatives that align with and support the firm's business strategies and operational objectives and support the communities where we do business. The CR department is comprised of Global Philanthropy, Global Government Relations, Sustainable Finance, Policy and Research, and the Market Strategy teams.
JPMorgan Chase's Global Government Relations team represents the firm before governments around the globe and before the federal, state and local governments in the U.S. We focus on legislative issues impacting our customers, clients, and the communities we serve.
The U.S. Government Relations Intern will assist the Federal Government Relations and State and Local Government Relations teams in the execution of research, development and distribution of materials, including briefings, hearing coverage and legislative tracking, and organizing events related to various Government Relations and Corporate Responsibility objectives. The position will be remote.
Responsibilities would include, but are not limited to, the following:
Research and track federal and state legislation and regulatory actions.
- Assist with planning and managing internal and external engagements.
- Attend and provide coverage of internal and external virtual meetings/events, including city, state and federal hearings, trade association meetings and related public policy events.
- Provide program administrative support.
- As time permits, assist with Government Relations and Corporate Responsibility projects and initiatives.
- Assist with creating and editing presentations in PowerPoint.
- Assist with the management of various data in Excel.
- General online research.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Team player with the ability and willingness to multitask and help other team members as required.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Interest, and preferably experience, in financial services, government relations, politics and/or communications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Internet Explorer.
- A full-time student enrolled in a degree-seeking undergraduate or Master's program at an accredited academic institution.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans