New job Drug Program Specialist 1 in Pennsylvania
Drug Program Specialist 1
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Salary : $45,184 - $68,695 a year
Location : Pennsylvania
The Bureau of Enforcement and Investigation is seeking a pharmacist dedicated to upholding the standards of the pharmacy profession. The Pharmacy Inspector position ensures that a high standard is maintained by performing detailed inspections of pharmacies throughout the region.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
- Work hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with a 1 hour lunch period
Performs field inspection work to determine compliance with the laws, rules, and regulations regarding professional and occupational licensing and other areas under the jurisdiction of the Secretary of the Commonwealth. The primary focus of the position is the inspection of pharmacies, but employees may be required to inspect other professional and occupational license types as operationally required.
Conducts physical inspections of pharmacies to determine compliance with the laws, rules, and regulations of the Commonwealth and the State Board of Pharmacy.
Travels to various sites in a geographic area of the state to conduct periodic inspections of all affected professions and occupations, by observation and interviews, noting any deviation from established standards, and preparing reports to communicate findings.
Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Possession of a license to practice pharmacy as issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Pharmacy.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
For most positions, we offer paid vacation days, paid sick days, military leave, as well as paid time off for most major U.S. holidays. Alternate work schedules are available for certain positions.
We want to help you grow and see your goals become a reality! Supervisors and human resource staff are available to help employees create a plan to develop skills for their current jobs or prepare for the next step in their careers. Employees can easily transfer between positions or agencies to expand knowledge and pursue new challenges while retaining leave and benefits. Additionally, there are a variety of programs available to help get you where you need to be.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving, and even special employee-only discounts.
For more information about benefits, health and wellness, work-life balance, career development, and other rewards go to www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.