New job DIVISIONAL PROJECT MANAGER- Nationwide (Remote Position) in Kentucky
DIVISIONAL PROJECT MANAGER- Nationwide (Remote Position)
Company : Dollar General
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Kentucky
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,979 stores in 46 states as of October 30, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Financial analysis skills to react to financial reporting data and manage budgets to ensure compliance with capital budgets as it relates to departmental planning
- Demonstrated ability to produce desired results through execution, maintaining tough expense control, and ability to manage effectively
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills to consistently react appropriately under pressure, apply good judgment in ambiguous situations, and demonstrated flexibility/adaptability
- Ability to effectively work with others in scheduling and executing all projects to achieve company objectives in a participative management style
- Strong verbal, written and technical communication abilities
- Exhibited leadership capabilities to train and develop staff to meet company objectives
- Occasional walking, bending, kneeling, standing, and climbing ladders
- Occasional handling of equipment (hand-held scanner, price guns, box cutters, rolltainers)
- Occasional and proper lifting of up to 55 pounds to unload fixture and merchandise trucks and stock shelves
- Extensive driving with overnight stays up to 5 nights per week
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
Work Experience &/or Education:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of multi-unit retail experience required, with merchandising knowledge preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Previous retail experience should be with Discount, Convenience, Grocery, or similar environment.
Responsible for planning and the execution of departmental processes involved in new stores, relocations, and remodels within a territory. Maintain territory objectives and goals in all projects while effectively managing target costs and schedules to increase sales weeks and profitability.
- Provide management of new store merchandising team within their territory, ensuring effective execution of strategic objectives while maintaining budgets and achieving on time delivery of opening activities for new stores, relocations, and remodels.
- Maximize the performance and productivity of team to execute on time delivery of all projects.
- Assist and direct Store Merchandisers in achieving project objectives.
- Research and follow-up on all project issues with respect to store layout, plan-o-gram, and merchandise issues.
- Ensure total development of human assets through proper selection and training.
- Develop strong corporate partnerships with all relevant departments to assure effective communication in achieving territory goals.