New job Distribution Center Associate in South Carolina
Distribution Center Associate
Company : Grainger
Salary : Up to $18.50 an hour
Location : South Carolina
We hear it a lot... from customers, suppliers, non-profit organizations, team members, even strangers: Grainger's a great company. We like to think that's because WE TREAT PEOPLE WELL—with respect inside and outside the company. At the heart of it, we are a relationship business. We know that only by acting with integrity, working as a team and doing more than what's expected, we will be an even better company tomorrow.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance on your first day - Day 1!
- Generous Profit Sharing and 401(k) Retirement Plan!
- Parental Leave; Paid Time off; Employee discounts, holiday and overtime pay; Employee Stock Purchase Program, Employee recognition events and many more!
Shift Start Time:
Hourly Pay Rate: Starting Pay up to $18.50/hour
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
About Grainger Distribution Center in Fountain Inn:
- 1.1 million square footage facility
- Provides Southeast US and international customers with what they need to keep their operations running and their people safe
- 30+ years of growth. The Distribution Center has never had a lay-off since building opened.
- Team with a winning attitude focused on our customers and always getting better
- Ensures product is properly received from our suppliers and is prepared, packed and shipped correctly to our customers.
- Exceeds our customers’ expectations for quality and delivery timeliness.
- Meets or exceeds internal requirements for safety, quality, productivity, attendance, and teamwork.
- Previous warehouse experience is not required. We are seeking hard-working and motivated team members with a passion for operational excellence. If you have what it takes to be successful, we will train you.
- Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
Able to work safely, accurately, and productively in a fast-paced environment; Must be able to tolerate an environment with exposure to heat, cold, noise, dust and work around moving equipment; Able to meet performance requirements, including overtime as required; Able to frequently lift, slide and lower packages up to 50 pounds and be able to lift up to 75 pounds; Able to operate computerized scanning equipment; work in team environment; possesses a High School Diploma or equivalent and is at least 18 years of age.