New job Director of Distribution in Tennessee
Director of Distribution
Company : VF Corporation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Tennessee
VF Workwear is a leading supplier of workwear apparel that enhances worker productivity and comfort, and delivers industry, leading innovation. Our Nashville workwear business is a prominent manufacturer and marketer of apparel for the workplace with over $800 million in sales. Our brands (Red Kap, Horace Small, Bulwark, VF Solutions, Walls, Liberty, Terra, Kodiak) consists of apparel that is primarily work shirts, workpants, coveralls and footwear and are worn by millions of workers across a wide range of industrial, service and government organizations around the world.
What You Will Do as the Director of Distribution
This position provides management direction to distribution managers relating to financial, operational, and administration functions. The operational functions include shipping and receiving, product customization, and order fullfillment. Provides input and data to define distribution goals and ensures all operations align with the business plan. Implements changes and process improvements to maximize location capabilities.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- The primary responsibility of the Director of Distribution is to manage and coordinate their assigned distribution function(s) for assigned location. This includes ensuring company production objectives are met at the lowest cost while maintaining positive customer relations through quality and service. This position also manages staffing, training and development, and budgeting.
- Directs and manages staff. This includes hires, terminations, scheduling, process improvements, training, and salary administration.
- Manages and solves employee issues and concerns to create an atmosphere of openness and maintain an informed work force that knows and understands company policies and business goals. This includes handling general inquires, providing problem resolution, acknowledging accomplishments, taking corrective actions, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Establishes and maintains budgets and cost controls with on-going financial accountability. Responsible for forecasting and tracking expenses through A/P reports and operating statements.
- Manages distribution process and works closely with touchpoints to ensure customer expectations are met. This includes managing costs, methods, quality assurance, and transportation.
Skills for Success
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 10+
- BS/BA degree
- Experience in distribution management
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, WMS)
- Knowledge of basic accounting terms
- Budgeting experience
- Must understand work flow and incentive pay practices
- Knowledge of environmental, safety, and employee relation laws
- Limited travel required (5 - 20%)