New job Deferred Compensation Manager in Wyoming
Deferred Compensation Manager
Company : State of Wyoming
Salary : $5,289 - $6,815 a month
Location : Wyoming
Open Until Filled
Directs the 457 Deferred Compensation Plan investment lineup and oversees its administration while providing research pertaining to the establishment of new initiatives. Develops and maintains 457 Deferred Compensation Plan budget, a $2.1 million separate budget from the defined benefit plan. This position is responsible for creating and progressing the 457 Department annual strategic plan and reporting on the goals that have been accomplished to the Deputy Director, Executive Director, and WRS Board. This position serves as the staff liaison to the WRS Board 457 committee and is required to attend all board meetings and provide regular updates. Supervises the 457 department staff and ensures they are communicating statutorily correct information to all stakeholders. Also, this position monitors and establishes all vendor contracts that relate to the 457 Plan, including investment, legal, & record keeper consultants.
Human Resource Contact: Hilary Wasserburger, email@example.com 307-777-6404
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Manages internal operations of a 457 Department and program.
- Ability to direct, instruct, and supervise agency personnel toward the accomplishment of department objectives.
- Provides expertise and direction to staff and sets 457 communication standards.
- Assist with developing the strategic plans, annual reports, and legislative proposals for the 457 plan.
- Assist with setting program policies and long-term goals and objectives planning applicable to the administration of program/department or agency.
- Responsible for fiscal and financial oversight of a 457 program and must be knowledgeable about investment theory.
- Responsible for gathering and analyzing data necessary to monitor and assess 457 Plan performance.
- Responsible for reviewing and tracking all aspects of the financial control department's budget, including purchases, balance projections, and effective monitoring/usage of expenditures.
Preference will be given to applicants with direct experience working with a 457 Deferred Compensation program.
Knowledge of general government management, planning, budgeting principles and theories, human resource management theories and principles, and best practices in implementing those theories.
- 457 Deferred Compensation plan functionality.
- Must have management and supervisory skills.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Work is performed in an office setting.
- Occasional travel to attend Board Meetings and conferences.
- FLSA: EXEMPT
- The successful candidate will have to undergo a background check.
072-Wyoming Retirement System
For more information visit https://retirement.wyo.gov/
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.