New job CWS Indonesia Country Representative in Idaho
CWS Indonesia Country Representative
Company : Church World Service, Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Idaho
Title: Country Representative: Indonesia and Timor-Leste
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Line Manager: Asia Regional Director
Line Manager: Asia Regional Director
Program unit:Development and Humanitarian Assistance (DHA)
Based in Jakarta, Indonesia, CWS is seeking a Country Representative for its Indonesia and Timor Leste country office. The Country Representative is part of the CWS Asia Regional team and its programs in Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar and Thailand, and Japan.
Church World Service is a faith-based organization supporting communities around the globe to transform themselves with just and sustainable responses to hunger, poverty, displacement, and disaster. DHA is the program unit within CWS responsible for global humanitarian and sustainable development programs and partnerships. DHA U.S.-based leadership and team works collaboratively with CWS regional and country offices around the world.
Church World Service does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
Reporting to the Asia Regional Director (RD) the Country Representative (CR) for Indonesia and Timor-Leste leads CWS development programs and humanitarian assistance action to achieve CWS global aims and objectives. The CR oversees CWS operations in Indonesia and Timor-Leste; maintains positive relationships with key stakeholders in both countries; works in partnership with regional and headquarters colleagues to seek donor support to sustain and expand CWS work; identifies opportunities for regional and headquarters (HQ) engagement and support in program implementation, and shares information about Indonesia and Timor-Leste programs with key CWS constituencies, including donors.
- Be the primary liaison between the Regional Director (RD) and CWS staff and partners, including the ACT Alliance Indonesia Forum and government, community, and church stakeholders.
- Create and maintain relationships with the Indonesian and Timor Leste national and regional governments and agencies.
- Ensure CWS staff and partners know and follow agency direction, strategy, and policies, particularly regarding project participants’/community members’ protection and safeguarding.
- Ensure that all laws and regulations pertaining to NGO work in Indonesia and Timor-Leste are followed.
- Share information and insight with the RD to inform agency decision-making and contribute to strategic direction and policy development.
- Develop and sustain appropriate relationships with:
- Donors and relevant Government officials
- ACT Alliance Indonesia Forum members and other non-government-civil society networks
- Other national and international non-government and civil society groups
- UN agencies and relevant embassies
- Relate collegially to CWS colleagues in the Asia Region and at HQ.
Program Development and Management
- Lead all CWS projects and programs in Indonesia and Timor-Leste.
- In consultation with CWS colleagues and partners in Indonesia and Timor-Leste define strategic direction and growth for the country programs in consultation with the Regional Director.
- Participate in Development and Humanitarian Assistance (DHA) annual planning and quarterly reporting, and other CWS and DHA strategic and operational initiatives.
- Facilitate linkages among partners with an emphasis on program learning.
- In partnership with line managers/supervisors, manage staff and liaise with partners to ensure timely, accountable, successful program implementation.
- Oversee the opening/closing of all projects (offices) in Indonesia and Timor-Leste.
- Be knowledgeable of relevant external development and humanitarian goals and objectives for Indonesia and Timor-Leste, especially strategic plans from governments, the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, UN agencies, et al.
- Inform the RD of emerging humanitarian crises and recommend CWS engagement/response action.
- Ensure donor-agreed program objectives and reporting requirements are met in a timely way.
- Lead the CWS Indonesia and Timor-Leste teams: supervise and support direct reports; help them supervise and support those who report to them. Guide colleagues, as needed, on program, personnel and management issues, including challenges and problems.
- Routinely validate a clear organizational structure and ensure the country and sub- offices are well-staffed in line with funds available to implement development and humanitarian assistance projects / activities.
- Lead operations and programs to ensure staff care and maintain staff morale. Seek RD and HQ support, as needed.
- With the Human Resources Director and line managers, ensure each employee has:
- up-to-date job description, annual goals, periodic performance checks and an annual performance appraisal
- opportunities for job-related knowledge and professional development as CWS resources allow.
- Ensure CWS Indonesia and Timor-Leste compliance with national labor laws as well as relevant HQ policies, protocols, and practices and that CWS staff are fully informed of policies, procedures, protocols, etc.
- Lead staff in preparing (1) the annual country budget for CWS funding from broadly designated funds and (2) project budgets for external donors.
- Oversee and guarantee best practice record keeping and reporting for financial operations, including compliant donor-fund management as well as audit preparation and responses.
- With the Finance Director, ensure financial systems are maintained in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP), HQ guidelines, and donor requirements.
- Monitor finances to ensure spending does not exceed available resources; adjust budget plans and spending, as necessary.
- Provide financial reports and information to the RD and Regional Finance Manager, and to CWS HQ, as required by Finance Policies and Procedures.
- Work with the RD and global resource mobilization colleagues to seek new funding; engage country team colleagues to identify and pursue funding opportunities in line with the CWS mission and identity.
- In consultation with the RD form collaborative relationships with other NGOs, national and international organizations, and/or other CWS country offices for resource mobilization
- Oversee project/program design and the drafting of funding proposals (narrative, budget, LogFrame, timeline, partner descriptions) in keeping with current country program goals and objectives.
- Host colleagues, donors and denominational visits.
- Share success stories, blogs, social media content about country programs/activities as requested by CWS communications and resource mobilization colleagues.
- Responsible for building in-country networks and donor relations for fundraising and developing other resources to support CWS’s mission in Indonesia.
Liaison with regional and HQ offices/colleagues
- Be the focal point for CWS in Indonesia and Timor-Leste.
- Routinely liaise with the RD on operations and programming in Indonesia and Timor-Leste as requested, e.g., monthly top line previews (plans) and reviews (reports); regular phone/Skype calls, etc.
- Participate in meetings convened by the RD and other CWS DHA and HQ colleagues.
Safety and Security
- Liaise with the RD on all matters of safety and security and lead all reasonable and prudent steps to ensure the safety and security of CWS staff and assets in Indonesia and Timor-Leste.
- With delegation to relevant colleagues, ensure that all assets (office and communications equipment, vehicles, owned or leased property, etc.) are properly used, maintained and secured.
- Ensure translation of key documents addressed to or from CWS (HQ) as necessary to facilitate full and open communication between the Country Office, Indonesia and Timor-Leste staff, HQ and key external stakeholders.
- Undertake duties and activities as deemed necessary or as requested by the RD and DHA leadership.
Education | A Bachelor’s degree in related field is required; a Master’s degree in a field relevant to development and humanitarian and/or management is highly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, communication written and verbal English, facilitation and organizational development and computer skills.
- 10+ years’ experience in a leadership/management role in a humanitarian or development organization
- Proven management success for (1) program/project, (2) finance, (3) operations, including safety and security, and (4) personnel, including staff wellness and supervision.
- Experience supporting project/program partners in development and humanitarian contexts.
- Demonstrated experience working with government, community, international and local NGOs and partners.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, implementing, and monitoring disaster and emergency response programs.
- Proven ability to build and sustain networks, donor relationship for fundraising and revenues growth.
- Commitment to ecumenical cooperation in line with CWS mission and commitments
- Ability and enthusiasm to travel extensively and often to remote project sites and regionally in Asia.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia (preferred)
- Candidates must be eligible / authorized to work in Indonesia
CWS Indonesia Country Representative