New job Customer Service Representative II (Front-Line-Support), Grade 16 in Maryland
Customer Service Representative II (Front-Line-Support), Grade 16
Company : Montgomery County Government
Salary : $43,765 - $71,852 a year
Location : Maryland
This positions may be filled at any of the following levels: Customer Service Representative, I , Grade 13, Salary: 37,088 - $59,915 or Customer Service Representative II , Grade 16,Salary: 41,963 - $68,893
The Montgomery County Animal Services and Adoption Center (MCASAC), operated by the Department of Police, Animal Services Division, provides high-standard sheltering and care to the homeless, abused, and neglected animals in our community and ensures the safety and welfare of the county's citizens. We are the county's only open-admissions, municipal shelter.
The Animal Services and Adoption Center is seeking to fill a Customer Service Representative that will be responsible for providing office support work for the Animal Adoption Center. The Customer Service Representatives will be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties depending on assignment:
- Greeting customers and providing directions for walk-in clients
- Assisting the public with issues regarding animals
- Generating and mailing licensing renewal notices and processing license applications
- Processing license applications received in person, by mail and electronically
- Handling customer transactions in the intake and adoption lobbies by completing paperwork
- Collecting fees and issuing receipts
- Providing information over the phone
- Assisting in the promotion of pet licensing in the community to increase pet licensing compliance rate
- Receiving animal related calls from citizens
- Identifying problems and researching various written information and referral materials/documents providing responsive information and/or making appropriate referrals or creating calls for service and following up as appropriate
- Dispatching Animal Services field units using a two-way radio and computer
- Maintaining records reflecting service locations and statuses
- Conducting database and public contact work related to rabies prevention program by recording reports of potential exposure and managing all required follow-up to include coordinating with the courier service for specimen transport
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Exposure to practices related to the operation of an animal shelter, including pet licensing, and adoptions.
- Communicating and understanding verbal and written information and to express such information verbally and in writing so that others will understand.
- Collecting and organizing information
- Ability to exercise tact, judgment and patience in dealing with the public, staff and client departments
- Be flexible with changes in policies and procedures
- Work under pressure
- Candidates for these positions must be comfortable working in and around various animals
OHR reviews the minimum qualifications of all applicants, irrespective of whether the candidate has previously been found to have met the minimum requirements for the job or been temporarily promoted to the same position. This evaluation is based solely on the information contained in the application/resume submitted for this specific position/IRC.
Montgomery County Government is an equal opportunity employer, committed to workforce diversity. Accordingly, as it relates to employment opportunities, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, in accordance with the law. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Human Resources via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Individual determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made in accordance with all applicable laws.
Montgomery County Government also provides hiring preference to certain categories of veterans and veterans/persons with a disability. For more information and to claim employment preference, please refer to the Careers webpage on Hiring Preference .
All applicants will respond to a series of questions related to their education, relevant experience, knowledge, skills and abilities required to minimally perform the job. The applicant's responses in conjunction with their resume and all other information provided in the employment application process will be evaluated to determine the minimum qualifications and preferred criteria status. Based on the results, the highest qualified applicants will be placed on an Eligible List and may be considered for an interview. Employees meeting minimum qualifications who are the same grade will be placed on Eligible List as a "Lateral Transfer" candidate and may be considered for interview.
If selected for consideration for this position, you may be required to provide evidence that you possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities indicated on your resume.Minimum Qualifications
Customer Service Representative II , Grade 16 :
Experience : Three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience performing a wide variety of general clerical, reception, public contact, and public service work, providing information and/or directing request over the telephone and at a public counter, including at least one (1) year working in an animal care environment.
Under-filled as a Customer Service Representative, I Grade 13:
Experience : Two (2) years of office support experience dealing with administrative matters, customer accounts, and experience in the use of computers and general office equipment.
For All Levels :
Education : Completion of high school or high school certificate of completion recognized in the State of Maryland.
Equivalency : An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Medical &Background: Selected candidate will be required to successfully complete a medical clearance prior to appointment. A background check will be conducted on the selected candidate prior to appointment and will be a significant factor in the hiring decision.
The individual selected for this position will be considered an “Essential Employee.” Essential employees must report to work during a period of general emergency or liberal leave.
The position requires employees to be available for shiftwork, which includes working days, evenings and/or weekends.
- Customer Service
- Oral Communication
- Administrative and/or program support
- Computer application