New job CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE 1 in Arizona
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE 1
Company : State of Arizona
Salary : $12.50 an hour
Location : Arizona
The Department of Economic Security, Division of Benefits and Medical Eligibility is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Customer Service Representative 1.
This position performs customer service functions such as greeting and directing the public in an office setting. Responsibilities include; accept, review, research, and data enter applications for programs governed by the Family Assistance Administration (FAA) such as Nutrition Assistance (NA), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Medical Assistance (MA), and State Programs. May screen incoming calls and direct to appropriate staff or take a message and route. Open, date stamp, and route mail. Prepare and submit reports, prepare documents for imaging, translate or submit for translation when appropriate, scan, and upload into FAA's Document Management System or FAA's eligibility system, and validate; complete the Electronic Benefit Transfer process.
- Knowledge of customer service practices and techniques to provide good customer service.
- Knowledge of administrative, office, and clerical procedures.
- Knowledge of English language for sentence structure, composition, content, spelling, and grammar.
- Knowledge of program rules, regulations, policies and procedures, and computer systems.
- Knowledge of problem resolution techniques using logic and reasoning.
- Knowledge of imaging practices and procedures to meet productivity and quality standards.
- Active listening skills to understand needs of clients and point(s) being made requiring negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills to convey information effectively.
- Effective time management and organizational skills for managing and prioritizing tasks.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office.
- Skill to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- Skill in timely follow-up on unresolved conflicts Ability to apply basic mathematical skills to determine public assistance eligibility.
- Ability to measure and meet productivity and quality standards.
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week and maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standards
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and clientele in a professional manner
- Ability to understand written composition in work related documents.
- Ability to engage critical thinking using logic and reasoning.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Ability to identify feasible alternative solutions.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively with a group.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and new technologies.
- Ideal candidate will have at least one-year experience in a direct contact, customer service environment
- Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify).
- Successfully pass background and reference checks. Employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
- Affordable Health, Dental, Vision and Life and Disability Insurance
- 10 holidays per year
- Eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
- Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
- Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunity to work remotely (home office) on an ad-hoc basis
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please call, Jason Hamm at (520) 235-1130 or JHamm@azdes.gov. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 520-235-1130.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.