New job Curing Press Operator in Mississippi
Curing Press Operator
Company : Continental AG
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Mississippi
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Clinton, MS, location is seeking a Manufacturing Press Operator to join our manufacturing team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
The Press Operator (PO) operates Truck Curing Presses to cure “green” Commercial Truck Tires per specifications. Press Operator is responsible having assigned truck curing press loaded and having green tires at the press to load. Press Operator is responsible for removing empty buggies and stocking full ones at the assigned presses. Press Operator must load the correct tire to the correct press. Operate spray booths and Illemberger when required.
1. Press Operator must be able to effectively communicate with truck tire curing supervision, truck tire curing room set-up, tire-room personnel, and any supplying department .
2. Press Operator will follow all plant policies, environmental policies, and plant and departmental safety policies. Must be certified to operate a Fork Lift through the Safety Department.
3. Press Operator must be able to identify and read tire codes for proper placement in the curing presses, Operate battery powered equipment to deliver “green” tires to press locations when required.
4. Press Operator will follow standard practices and perform all work necessary to promptly and accurately obtain quality and quantity production, and keeping work areas neat, clean, aligned and orderly.
5. Press Operator must properly load “green” tires to loading pan of curing press observing to insure proper code of tire is indicated on cure card located on front of curing press, and oriented correctly according to splice.
6.Press Operator will observe operation of curing press and operate controls as necessary, must be alert to any malfunction, out-of-spec conditions or any extraordinary condition and immediately notify truck curing supervision whenever such conditions occur. Must also monitor the operation of the takeaway conveyor for the assigned row.
7. Press Operator must be able to receive and understand oral and written instructions, and plan work according to tire inventory and schedule needs.
8. Press Operator’s time will be accurately and correctly indicated on time cards or time sheets according to operation number, rates, and the number of units cured.
9. Press Operator must be able to monitor and, if necessary, correct auto green tire delivery system (Hirata) and notify truck curing supervision of any problems.
10. Perform other duties as directed by the Commercial Curing Supervisor or Department Manager.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- High School Diploma/GED
- Successful completion of a minimum WorkKeys:
- Reading for Information 4
- Locating Information 4
- Ability to work rotating shifts days, night, weekends
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
Fertigung Betrieb & Produktion
Nice to know
Continentals Spezialisten aus unterschiedlichen Disziplinen treiben den Trend des Automatisierten Fahrens mit aller Innovationskraft voran.
Direkt zur Karriere Website