New job Corrections Masonry Trade Instructor in Pennsylvania
Corrections Masonry Trade Instructor
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Salary : $45,838 - $90,445 a year
Location : Pennsylvania
The Department of Corrections, State Correctional Institution at SCI Albion, is seeking a highly motivated Mason that enjoys teaching to join our team as a Corrections Masonry Trade Instructor.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
Full-time employment (40 hour work week)
- Work Hours: Monday - Friday; 7:30 am - 3:30 pm; 30 minute lunch period
- This position is eligible for full benefits at age 50 or 55.
As a Corrections Masonry Trade Instructor for the Department of Corrections, you will be responsible for the instruction of inmates in the practices, methods, and procedures of the masonry trade at a journeyman level by demonstration, explanation, and close supervision during training and work assignments.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Instructing inmates in the masonry trade using diagrams, charts, illustrations, manuals, and blueprints
- Demonstrating and explaining the methods, procedures, materials, and tools used in the installation, construction, repair, inspection, and maintenance of masonry structures and surfaces to include walls, floors, doors, partitions, steps, foundation, ramps, walks, roads, curbs, chimneys, and storm drains
- Reviewing and inspecting work in progress and upon completion for adherence to standards of the masonry trade
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: Four years of experience in laying brick, blocks, and other types of building materials, and binding with mortar to construct or repair walls; OR completion of an approved apprenticeship in the masonry trade; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training which includes one year of journey level work in the masonry trade.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
- A conditional offer of employment will require submission of criminal history reports.
- You must pass a background investigation.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
For most positions, we offer paid vacation days, paid sick days, military leave, as well as paid time off for most major U.S. holidays. Alternate work schedules are available for certain positions.
We want to help you grow and see your goals become a reality! Supervisors and human resource staff are available to help employees create a plan to develop skills for their current jobs or prepare for the next step in their careers. Employees can easily transfer between positions or agencies to expand knowledge and pursue new challenges while retaining leave and benefits. Additionally, there are a variety of programs available to help get you where you need to be.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving, and even special employee-only discounts.
For more information about benefits, health and wellness, work-life balance, career development, and other rewards go to www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.