New job Contracts Support Assistant in Virginia
Contracts Support Assistant
Company : ManTech International Corporation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Virginia
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Contracts Support Assistant to join our team in Chantilly, VA to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
A qualified candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities, but are not limited to:
• Administers assigned contracts and subcontracts to include but not limited to contract modifications, ensuring compliance with prime contract requirements, proposal preparation, and contract negotiation with existing or prospective clients.
- Reviews and advises management on contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of contract terms and conditions.
- Monitors company performance for conformance to original proposal and maintains continual reviews to ensure that terms and conditions are met and that the contract is in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations and advises leadership on appropriate activities to resolve performance difficulties.
- Adheres to contract policies, procedures, methods, operating practices, and performance standards for areas of responsibility.
- Responds to all external government requests, disputes and requirements to help resolve disputes between prime and sub-contractors; facilitates contract closeouts; conducts contract diligence for group/corporate transactions; and supports group/corporate name changes and novations of Government contracts.
• Assist the contracts team to include the examination and resolution of payment and invoice discrepancies, the examination of funds obligation/de-obligation issues, establish and/or maintain internal monitoring tools for contract initiation and implementation, and perform contract close-out actions.
• Maintain both hard and soft copy contract files in compliance with policy; create administrative mods to include funding mods, point of contact changes, and period of performance extensions.
• Remain current with customer policy, such as end of year funding action deadlines as they relate to contracting actions, and maintain familiarity with customer contract policies and Acquisition Manuals.
• Perform other duties as necessary and/or requested to satisfy the workload within contracts
- At least two years of relevant experience in the contracts field supporting the government, with desired experience with contracts.
- Associates degree and additional 2 years of relevant experience.
Security Clearance Requirement:
Active/current TS/SCI with Polygraph is required.
- Must be able to be in a stationary position more than 50% of the time
- Must be able to communicate, converse, and exchange information with peers and senior personnel
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a computer
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.